Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Microsoft has recently released it's Zune HD, and I REALLY want one. Only problem is they have no plans to release it in the UK. Does anyone know how I could get around this?

ReputationRep:
    amazon US

(Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    Microsoft has recently released it's Zune HD, and I REALLY want one. Only problem is they have no plans to release it in the UK. Does anyone know how I could get around this?
    Buy it from Amazon.com, or on eBay, but you'd have to find someone who would post it to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Buy it from Amazon.com, or on eBay, but you'd have to find someone who would post it to the UK.
    They post it to the UK themselves

(Original post by Diaz89)
    They post it to the UK themselves
    But sometimes international sellers specify where they 'ship' to, like worldwide, or just the US, or Europe.

(Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    Here you go!

The postage is pretty hefty for most of them though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    But sometimes international sellers specify where they 'ship' to, like worldwide, or just the US, or Europe.
    yeah you are right, I just checked, though they do ship to the UK it's restricted items

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=230659011

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    amazon US

Yes, amazon.com might be your best bet. Have you checked thenerdsnet.com? Oh and amazon i dont think ships to UK. I have had so many issues while living abroad but I had read a bunch of posts on this forum about a parcel forwarding company called shipito. I bought my stuff online and had them ship it to me. They were resonablly cheaper than the rest.

ReputationRep:
    I know this might sound like a stupid question but when it involves $360 (which is the best internation shipping price i've found on ebay ) it's worth asking..Will it work normally? Are there any restrictions or locks that'll stop it from working normally when not in the US?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    I know this might sound like a stupid question but when it involves $360 (which is the best internation shipping price i've found on ebay ) it's worth asking..Will it work normally? Are there any restrictions or locks that'll stop it from working normally when not in the US?
    I wouldn't buy it internationally from ebay tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    No idea about locks or anything. I don't think there is, just MS haven't made the effort to release and market it internationally (strange from such a large multi-national company).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 16, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.