Turn on thread page Beta

UCAS sending off and changing etc [READ PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!] watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

i am applying for A100 medicine, I had finished everything on my UCAS and sent it to my referee (she hasn't made any reviews yet and hasn't sent it off yet. I need to get it back to change my PS a little bit because a person on TSR helped me out a little and sent me the reply after reviewing my PS just 1 day after i sent it off to my referee.

Basically to cut the story even shorter : Can i get my UCAS back to change it before it gets sent off to universities

i am worried because if my AS grades are crap, perhaps do the application slightly better by doing a whooper for a PS and somehow get a conditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can but not if they've already sent it off.

ReputationRep:
    You can if they havent sent it off but bear in mind the deadline is thursday!

ReputationRep:
    Just ask your referee to send it back to you if they havent sent it off yet

ReputationRep:
    you cannot change your PS once its sent off.

ReputationRep:
    If your referee sent your PS off then you cannot change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    If your referee sent your PS off then you cannot change it.
    Your referee will send the application off as a whole not as parts. OP you can check my logging into your "apply" on UCAS; and see what the status at the bottom of the welcome page is :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    Your referee will send the application off as a whole not as parts. OP you can check my logging into your "apply" on UCAS; and see what the status at the bottom of the welcome page is :yep:
    I thought it was so obvious that I automatically implied that :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    So yeh, you can ask your referee to send it back to you, as you can't make changes to things on their area. They'll send it back to you and within minutes you'll be able to log onto apply and make your changes. This is, of course, before your referee sends your whole application to UCAS. As soon as that is done, you won't be able to change anything. Do remember the deadline is 15th October - this Thursday, so ask your referee to get a move on :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    I thought it was so obvious that I automatically implied that :shifty:
    You'd think, but I have seen some peoples posts on here :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    You can if they havent sent it off but bear in mind the deadline is wednesday!
    Thursday :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Thursday :yep:
    Indeed you are right, I was too tired to count 3 days and use the days of the week at the same time :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed you are right, I was too tired to count 3 days and use the days of the week at the same time :facepalm:
    Haha, I know the feeling

ReputationRep:
    Yay thanks for these replies - thought it'll take a century for people to read and reply =) tomorrow (Tuesday) I'll ask first thing in the morning to change my UCAS PS - I've cut it down from 3570 characters (+ or -) to about 2500

So, it will stand out a little - imagine in Unis where there are medical students from every part of the world applying - thousands and thousands. Every one probably being close to a max of 4000 chars (300 - 400 words more or less) so... :yep:

Hope i can get a conditional offer.

I'm still thinking "real" - maybe a gap year is the thing to do...

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.