Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im currently doing a 3rd year of A levels after getting ADbe in Maths, Politics, Further Maths and Computing. In my 3rd year i am studying A2 Further Maths and AS Addtional Further Maths and have been predicted Aa.

Im applying for York, Leeds, UEA, Reading and Kent.

I was just wondering how i could improve my chances of getting offers from these universities?

ReputationRep:
    - activities around your subject to show motivation
    - good personal statement to show your ambition

Anything else I cannot come up with right now, but hopefully you will! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Im planning to take the AEA paper in the summer, should i mention it on the UCAS form and if i do will it improve my chances of an offer.

ReputationRep:
    3rd year? Are you doing A-levels in your gap year? If so, are they retakes or new subjects? If it is the latter then you definitely have a good shot at those universities (York might be a bit difficult, but with a good personal statement should give you an offer). However, if it is the former case, and you are doing retakes of previous modules (particularly in Maths/Further Maths), it might be much harder to get an offer. I recommend emailing universities with your particular situation.

ReputationRep:
    It is a 3rd and i am taking A2 further Maths and AS additional Further Maths for the first time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 13, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.