Work Experience Watch

This discussion is closed.
evilmonkey
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm having a lot of trouble finding a place for work experience. I've just finished my AS exams and want something along the lines of design which could include anything from theatre design to web design. I've tried many creative agencies and they either don't take students, or they don't have any spaces.

I'm in desperate need for a placement in this sector because my careers advisor at college said we shuold choose something related to the degree we want to do. They have placements at the web design agency I did my year 10 work experience at but I really didn't enjoy it - however I'm thinking that it might just have to be a last resort.

Just need some advice...or any recommendations for companies or firms that do creative work. I've got some examples of my work from the Young Enterprise college company I designed for too so sending samples of my work isn't a problem.

Please help
HyperBowl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Go to the library and read up on how to construct a solid CV. Also include a covering letter..

If you really want a place there, perhaps you could write a personalised letter to the company stating your aims and being as enthusiastic as possible
Piupiu
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by HyperBowl)
Go to the library and read up on how to construct a solid CV. Also include a covering letter..

If you really want a place there, perhaps you could write a personalised letter to the company stating your aims and being as enthusiastic as possible
could try to send your CV to BUSINESS LINK ,they will be able to help you,as they did helped me to find my placement. :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.06%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.09%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (578)
47.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed