Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure whether to go for 3 year Physics degree or 4 year with foundation for physics?

What is the Foundation course timetable like compared to the 3 year Physics are Sussex? How many hours are week are taken up with lectures/lab etc?

I was trying to find the Sussex uni Physics timetable online but could not see it?

isnt the foundation just if you do not have a level maths/ physics? because i considered it, when i wanted to do phy and i dnt have maths a level

ReputationRep:
    I can show you both if you really want, both have around 16 hours of lectures a week, and then more for workshops and stuff.
    The Foundation is for if you're predicted lower than the standard offer, don't do Physics or Maths, or don't achieve your offer by a few grades.
    I do Foundation Physics here and :love: it

ReputationRep:
    Thank you : I would like to see both timetables if that is possible. I have heard that the people who do the Foundation course usually do better!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing MPhys in Astrophysics here at the moment, didn't go for foundation year. I have about 18 hours a week; 9am starts every day (boo) but usually finished by about midday/one. The timetable for foundation years isn't much different but the work is obviously easier. People in my year who did a foundation year really know their stuff and are confident with the course now though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Millertron - that's good to know.

9am start sounds early though! Is that the same for Foundation course?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the Timetables for Foundation and First Year? Trying to make my mind up and this may just swing it. I'm a mature applicant, have been accepted for Foundation for 2010 but am likely to get a choice to go straight into 1st year so this would really help me.

Thanks

Elemc

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 18, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.