The Student Room Group

Right nice Simple question; about Oxford written work and UCAS

I'm applying to Oxford.
Have sent UCAS off.

It is perfectly fine to send my Written work before November the 10th (the subject I apply for needs written work) right?
I don't have to send my written work alongside my UCAS because well I can't, so I send my written work separately to Oxford by post, before November the 10th with a covering sheet on top, two pieces no more than 2000 , must be of the same/relating to subject , not remarked or edited, original marked blah blah - yes ?

Thank you.
Reply 1
deathtoalevel
I'm applying to Oxford.
Have sent UCAS off.

It is perfectly fine to send my Written work before November the 10th (the subject I apply for needs written work) right?
I don't have to send my written work alongside my UCAS because well I can't, so I send my written work separately to Oxford by post, before November the 10th with a covering sheet on top, two pieces no more than 2000 , must be of the same/relating to subject , not remarked or edited, original marked blah blah - yes ?

Thank you.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/how_to_apply/forms/written_work.html
Yes, you send it separately to the college you have applied to. If you're making an open application you need to wait to be allocated a college, though, obviously.
Reply 2
hobnob
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/how_to_apply/forms/written_work.html
Yes, you send it separately to the college you have applied to. If you're making an open application you need to wait to be allocated a college, though, obviously.

nice one
Thanks for clearing some worries I was having!!!!

I was also wondering, do Oxford really expect the Written work to be sent instanteously after the UCAS is off, or is it really irrelevant as they don't start looking at the applications for the written work subjects, until after the deadline for it has passed (Nov 10th)

I was just thinking of an Ideal time to send them off really.
As my two pieces are done and dusted
Reply 3
If your two pieces are done I'd get them in the post, but since the deadline for UCAS is Oct 15th and written work is Nov 10th, one would assume they expect it to take you a little while to send.
Reply 4
deathtoalevel
I was also wondering, do Oxford really expect the Written work to be sent instanteously after the UCAS is off

No, not really. Your acknowledgement letter/email will remind you of the specific requirements for your subject.

Send it off now if you've got it ready.

Latest

Trending

Trending