Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Oxford.
    Have sent UCAS off.

It is perfectly fine to send my Written work before November the 10th (the subject I apply for needs written work) right?
    I don't have to send my written work alongside my UCAS because well I can't, so I send my written work separately to Oxford by post, before November the 10th with a covering sheet on top, two pieces no more than 2000 , must be of the same/relating to subject , not remarked or edited, original marked blah blah - yes ?

Thank you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by deathtoalevel)
    I'm applying to Oxford.
    Have sent UCAS off.

It is perfectly fine to send my Written work before November the 10th (the subject I apply for needs written work) right?
    I don't have to send my written work alongside my UCAS because well I can't, so I send my written work separately to Oxford by post, before November the 10th with a covering sheet on top, two pieces no more than 2000 , must be of the same/relating to subject , not remarked or edited, original marked blah blah - yes ?

Thank you.
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...tten_work.html
    Yes, you send it separately to the college you have applied to. If you're making an open application you need to wait to be allocated a college, though, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...tten_work.html
    Yes, you send it separately to the college you have applied to. If you're making an open application you need to wait to be allocated a college, though, obviously.
    nice one
    Thanks for clearing some worries I was having!!!!

I was also wondering, do Oxford really expect the Written work to be sent instanteously after the UCAS is off, or is it really irrelevant as they don't start looking at the applications for the written work subjects, until after the deadline for it has passed (Nov 10th)

I was just thinking of an Ideal time to send them off really.
    As my two pieces are done and dusted

ReputationRep:
    If your two pieces are done I'd get them in the post, but since the deadline for UCAS is Oct 15th and written work is Nov 10th, one would assume they expect it to take you a little while to send.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathtoalevel)
    I was also wondering, do Oxford really expect the Written work to be sent instanteously after the UCAS is off
    No, not really. Your acknowledgement letter/email will remind you of the specific requirements for your subject.

Send it off now if you've got it ready.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.