Turn on thread page Beta

How often do you brush your teeth? watch

• View Poll Results: How often do you brush your teeth?
    Never
    1.48%
    Once per week
    0.37%
    Once every few days
    2.22%
    Once a day
    25.19%
    Twice a day
    62.22%
    More than twice a day
    8.52%

ReputationRep:
    How many times a day do you brush, if at all?

Do you use mouthwash/rinse?

Do you floss/use Tepe brushes to get in between your teeth?

How often do you visit the dentist?

Do you have any problems with your teeth, and do you blame them on earlier neglet of your teeth?

ReputationRep:
    Four times a day :shifty:

I think I have OTCD (Obsessive teeth cleaning disorder)

I use mouthwash.

I had braces.

ReputationRep:
    Once/twice a day depending on whether I remember before bed

ReputationRep:
    Twice a day, sometimes more if they feel tacky. I don't use mouthwash because it's too strong for me and gives me mouth ulcers, but I do use TePe brushes. Go to the dentist about twice a year.
    Had braces for about 3 years and I blame that on sucking my thumb when I was a kid. Now I don't seem to be too bad at all, only have the one filling.

ReputationRep:
    Brush my Teeth,Morning & Evening
    Use Tepe Brushes & Electric Toothbrush

Overdue dental check-up - but don't like going

Twice a day.

Yeah, Listerine. Twice a day again.

No.

A lot.

6 fillings, 2 root canals. Used to drink too much fizzy pop..Don't drink it anymore but regret it so much
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Twice a day, maybe more... depends if I'm going out or something.

Sometimes but not always.

Not very often.

Every 6 months or so, though I'm overdue... No more free appointments so I'm reluctant to go unless there is pain lol how terrible.

Do you have any problems with your teeth, and do you blame them on earlier neglect of your teeth?
    Nope, not really. Had a couple of grooves in my back teeth filled but that's it. Dentist said my teeth are 'otherwise perfect' :ninja: despite not seeing a dentist until I was 16.

ReputationRep:

Twice a day like most people

No

No

Once a year like most people

Do you have any problems with your teeth, and do you blame them on earlier neglet of your teeth?

Never ever had a single problem with them

ReputationRep:
    Once a day.
    Mouthwash when we have it.
    Nope.
    Not often, not any more than twice a year.
    I used to have braces, didn't wear my retainer after and now my front two teeth are squint again. Apart from that, fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    Do you floss
    Only when i go down on your mother :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)

I brush twice a day

I do NOT use mouthwash, I heard it can give you cancer (yes i believe it does)

I floss once a day

I visit the dentist 1 a year

I have a few fillings and yes it was neglect when I was younger I use to eat so much sugary sweets like Jawbreakers, straws that had sugar in them, Nerds, Starbursts, cola bottles, Skittles etc. :o:

My teeth now are in good condition and I have stopped eating sweets.

ReputationRep:
    I brush after breakfast, lunch and just before I go to sleep. If I don't my mouth feels weird and I can taste stuff in my mouth. I also brush just before I go out somewhere (unless it's really close by). I don't use floss and use mouthwash if I can't be bothered to brush my teeth before I go out.

ReputationRep:
    once a month or so if i feel like it

ReputationRep:
    Usually 4 times a day

I brush in the morning (after breakfast if I have it)

I brush after lunch if I can, and when I get home if I can't

I brush after dinner

I brush when I go to bed

I've been told that I brush too much but I'm not too bothered about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belle_ash)
    I do NOT use mouthwash, I heard it can give you cancer (yes i believe it does)
    Do you believe wearing a bra to bed gives you breast cancer as well? Aww. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Twice a day. Never use mouthwash but I bought some recently to try.

ReputationRep:
    Once or twice a day, depends if I feel tired at night or not. I tend to forget in mornings too, when I have to rush to get to college once in a while.

No teeth problems. Theyre pretty strong.

ReputationRep:
    I always brush after breakfast and last thing at night, and if I'm going out or meeting up with people I'll brush them then too.

I go through phases with mouthwash, and don't bother with floss or anything like that.

I visit the dentist and the hygenist twice a year. Also used to have to go to the orthodontist - braces.

I've got no problems besides wisdom teeth growing in, haha sob Although I'm rather glad I've got no fillings, had nothing out, etc, it does mean I'm extra scared about the idea of having anything done!

ReputationRep:

Twice, and I go to three times a day for 3 days before every orthodontist and dentist appointment.

Yep.

Can't cos of my braces, but I use the Tepe brushes to clean under the wire. When I get my braces off this Wednesday, I will return to flossing though.

Last time was about 2 years ago. I confess I've kinda been using my orthdodontist as my dentist seeing as I visit him so often

Well I have braces, but that's because my teeth grew at funny angles, not because I neglected them. I also have bits of my teeth missing due to wear, again due to the way my teeth grew, but the braces have resolved that apparently I have no fillings whatsoever, and hope I never do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    once a month or so if i feel like it
    /*sigh of relief*/
    Thought I was alone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.