Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok i dropped out of uni because i didnt like the uni as i stupidly didnt go to the open day. Anywway im taking a year out and applying elsewhere. My A level grades were BBB and im reduing a few of my modules during my year out to get ABB.

Im thinking of appling to uni's which require AAB do i have a chance to get in? i want to apply to royal holloway they require ABB on their prospectus but AAB on ucas, im thinking they may only offer me AAB because im reduing modules. Am i being realistic with being able to get a place because I REALLY dont want to be left with no place next year after my gap year.

???

ReputationRep:
    Yes you do have a chance of getting in, if you work hard at your resits.

ReputationRep:
    what uni did u drop out of

ReputationRep:
    make sure you have 2 backup options but other then that i don't see why you shouldnt go for 3 less likely chances....

ReputationRep:
    If there are differing grades on website/UCAS I would take the highest asking grades as the right ones as it is not usual that they reduce asking grades and are more likely to have increased them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you do have a chance. Just make sure your A-level resits are really good and that you focus on your Personal Statement. You'll be fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.