Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you structure a history essay about democratic britain.
    It will be like "how democratic was britain by......?"
    Dont know the question yet

thanks

-Zishan

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know about history essays but I usually structure all essays the same. In the introduction I repeat the question and then make an overall answer. Then each paragraph I discuss a point with examples, and then the conclusion is a summing up of basically what you said in the intro but with reference to your points.

ReputationRep:
    look on google for essay examples or you could just cheat, but if you do cheat make sure you have the decency to do it discretly

ReputationRep:
    Normally, it would be:

Introduction; answer the question, touching briefly on what your points are going to be.
    Middle; seperate this into two:
    For - how democratic Britain is.
    Against - arguments against how democratic Britain is.
    Conclusion; sum up your points (a little more detailed than intro and link all the ideas [so so and so, however, blah blah...] which leads on to your answer of the question again.

I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.