Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that there is one about a toutoise but I have a similar problem.
    I am going to Uni next September/October and will be staying in halls. I have to take my Hedgehog with me.

He is a year old now and they tend to live about 3 years.
    He sleeps all day and runs on a wheel at night.

Currently he living in a pen on my bedroom floor.

How can I hide him at uni?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You have a pet hedgehog. That. Is. Awesome! Pics?

As for your conundrum. Most halls of residence don't allow pet gold fish nevermind hedgehogs. You may have some difficulty hiding him/her, especially on drunken nights out when every comes back round. Can't you parents look after it?

ReputationRep:
    You have to take your what now? Wow. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar problem with my leopard.

ReputationRep:
    My parents can't look after him as he is mine plus he used to my smell and stuff so he doesnt curl up.

This is him
    Attached Images

(Original post by Ellyboo)
    My parents can't look after him as he is mine plus he used to my smell and stuff so he doesnt curl up.

This is him
    Awwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! !

ReputationRep:
    No real advice, but that is quite possibly one of the sweetest things I've ever seen I doubt you'd be able to smuggle him into halls though - maybe private accommodation might be a better option? Some landlords are fairly reasonable when it comes to pets.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my effing GOD, that is amazing. How did you get a hedgehog? Is it even allowed???

Sorry, I have no solution to your problem. You could give the hedgehog to me? :o: To be honest I think you'll have massive problems if you live in halls in your first year, unless you're there EVERY day to shoo away the cleaners. And if you do it all the time they might get suspicious. You might luck out and get sympathetic ones, but I doubt they'd be that sympathetic.

But once you rent a house with other uni pals, it'll be much easier to hide from your landlord as they usually put in the contract that they'll give 48 hours' notice before coming around.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's going to work out. :\

ReputationRep:
    By the way, does the title of the thread remind anyone else of the Animal Ark series?

ReputationRep:
    Currently he living in a pen on my bedroom floor.
    :eek: He must be small. Can't you just put him in the one you use most and take him to lectures with you in your pocket?

ReputationRep:
    Hide it in your freezer

ReputationRep:
    Wow, he's so adorable. I didn't know that people kept hedgehogs as pets...

ReputationRep:
    He is very small, he fits in the palm of my hand.
    He sleeps all day, so can go in his vet box to sleep then.

I was planning to go for a few weeks till I work out the cleaner's plans and stuff then go home and bring him up.
    He doesnt take up much room.
    Maybe hide his wheel in the wardrobe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    I had a similar problem with my leopard.
    They tried a similar thing with my tiger but they...ahem 'disappeared'

ReputationRep:
    He is very small, he fits in the palm of my hand.
    He sleeps all day, so can go in his vet box to sleep then.

I was planning to go for a few weeks till I work out the cleaner's plans and stuff then go home and bring him up.
    He doesnt take up much room.
    Maybe hide his wheel in the wardrobe?
    He sounds adorable and you sound like a good owner, but is it really fair to put him in a noisy, cramped student house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)
    He sounds adorable and you sound like a good owner, but is it really fair to put him in a noisy, cramped student house?
    See that is what I was thinking.
    I think I might go, see if I think he would be ok and then make the either take him to uni with him or find him a new home.
    The reason I don't want to find him a new home is because he will be getting old and after spending most of his life with me that seems unfair too.

I will just have to see.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Really? Hedgehogs stink like crazy. Will you really have time to clean it out every two or so days at university?

If you got him from the garden, put him back and he'll be fine. It's a wild animal, after all. I don't know a great deal about the care of hedgehogs, but I'm pretty sure they should be going into hibernation about now - even the ones in captivity. It wouldn't be fair for it to be in a bustling, noisy place. Leave it at home.

ReputationRep:
    That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Ever. I have a cousin who's obsessed with hedghogs (or rather all animals) and she wrote a book about the little critters called "My Hedgehog and Me". You should check it out OP! On hiding him...maybe you could peel up a little of the carpet and hide him under a floorboard during the day? obviously make holes so he can breathe! If it's concrete though...hmmm maybe just show him to the cleaners and they'll be so amazed by his cuteness they won't tell? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    Really? Really? Hedgehogs stink like crazy. Will you really have time to clean it out every two or so days at university?

If you got him from the garden, put him back and he'll be fine. It's a wild animal, after all. I don't know a great deal about the care of hedgehogs, but I'm pretty sure they should be going into hibernation about now - even the ones in captivity. It wouldn't be fair for it to be in a bustling, noisy place. Leave it at home.
    He is very clean, his wheel is the only thing that needs to be cleaned and that is only once a week (it takes 2 mins). He isn't a wild animal if he was put in the wild he would died and as a african pygmy hedgehog he doesn't hibernate. He is also very small and quite.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.