Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-packets.html

I totally agree, ever since 2001, this country for some reason went to ****. Even celebrations like Christmas don't feel as they used to. Everyone is so hostile and bitter towards everyone else in the street and thought of waking up at 7:am everyday for Uni in this dreary Grey weather is just so ******* depressing.

I wish I could just move to the US, everyone is just so much happier there, even though they look soooooo much older than British people for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Try Moldova or Bosnia. Great places.

ReputationRep:
    It surely can't be the worst in Europe. The headline is a bit misleading, it should really be 'Britain is the worst European country of the ten we have looked at' I'd rather live here than in Moldova or some other Eastern European backwater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I wish I could just move to the US, everyone is just so much happier there, even though they look soooooo much older than British people for some reason.
    Yeah, we wish that you'd **** off too... :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Daily Mail?

Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    I love living here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Try Moldova or Bosnia. Great places.
    I'm not from Bosnia mate, but i can tell you it is actually an extermely interesting place. I am Croatian and have been there many times. You have so much freedom and also the parties there are great! People are very friendly and the weather in summer is extremely hot while in winter you always get snow. It's acually a pretty cool place.

ReputationRep:
    no it isn't :rolleyes:
    i luvz me the uk :suith:

ReputationRep:
    They've obviously never lived in Athens then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Croat19)
    I'm not from Bosnia mate, but i can tell you it is actually an extermely interesting place. I am Croatian and have been there many times. You have so much freedom and also the parties there are great! People are very friendly and the weather in summer is extremely hot while in winter you always get snow. It's acually a pretty cool place.
    The economic conditions, crime, and ethnic harmony there are great too.

ReputationRep:
    Britian? You haven't been abroad enough. Britian is amazing

ReputationRep:
    I love it :love:

ReputationRep:
    No-one has got a gun to your head. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    I love Britain, you're obviously some sad bitter individual who is dillusional about life in the States.

And you could be in far worse places - go and live in Macedonia or Romania for a month and tell me you won't be glad to be home.

Oh, and using the Daily Fail? Honestly...

ReputationRep:
    Having extensively travelled Europe, I'm inclined to agree. I'd much rather live in France, Germany, or Switzerland - which I shall do once my degree ends.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a different kind of life a guess. For example every night in the summer people or out drinking and partying , then the same over christmas and new year. Your not just working, then going home and doing nothing. The economic conditions may not be great but your money goes a lot further there, than in England. Also it is an extemely widespread country, for example miles of sweeping fields and forests, not just a concrete jungle. However i do agree that Britain is NOT the worst place to live in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    The Daily Mail hates everything, what do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    Moving as soon as possible. Compared to the rest of Western Europe, especially Scandinavia the UK is a dive.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, as stated, Bosnia sans war is actually a really cool place.

Yeah, we don't have as much sun, we have huge rates of obesity, teenage pregnancy and crime, but we have things that other countries really miss out on - I for one wouldn't swap our sense of humour for anything.

That said, I do really want to live in Crete :cool:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.