Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Re: financial support on the law degree... if someone who qualifies for full support picks 2 of the 60 pt courses linked to the law degree and wants to do them side by side in the same year will the OU pay all of the fees? How much will the student pay if the OU won't pay the full 2 60 pt course fees?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes they will.

Unless you're me who received the forms the day before they had to be submitted, get everything rushed, pay just to secure my places on the course, and pray that they reimburse me.

ReputationRep:
    They will pay all my course fees? :woo:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You would probably have to pay something. There are upper limits on funding. This year, I have to pay £45 myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johntheman)
    Re: financial support on the law degree... if someone who qualifies for full support picks 2 of the 60 pt courses linked to the law degree and wants to do them side by side in the same year will the OU pay all of the fees? How much will the student pay if the OU won't pay the full 2 60 pt course fees?

Thanks
    Depends on how many years funding you're had already. How long it will take you to get the degree. Your household income. Your dependents and children. The actual cost of the course (there is a course cost limit)

Also, the OU do offer some extra discretionary funding if you don't get a standard grant. And you can apply to OUSET if you can't get financial help with OU course fees anywhere else.

You should send off the forms and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johntheman)

Thanks
    They won't pay for both courses, they would pay for one but you would have to pay for the other. The law courses are some of more expensive courses you can do so the OU is already paying more than if you were doing two different courses.

I think it works out that you can get funding up to about £1100 for courses you are doing 8in a year the law courses alone are slighty higher. So they wouldn't pay for bothunfortunatly.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.