Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, how many hours a week do you study outside of lessons?

ReputationRep:
    As much as I need to to get the work done. so usually a lot in frees, not much at home. its not really quantifyable.

ReputationRep:
    In addition to studying in free time at school, usually 2 hours a night Monday to Friday. Nothing on weekends. I do extra studying during exam time (obviously).

ReputationRep:
    Neverrrr .
    Should do probably...no problem occured yet.
    Only when I have homework to do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    In addition to studying in free time at school, usually 2 hours a night Monday to Friday. Nothing on weekends. I do extra studying during exam time (obviously).
    Do those 2 hours include all subjects? Or do you allocate different nights to different subjects?

I have no real structure when it comes to studying, I just kind of do it when I'm doing my homework that's due in the next day or try and cram it in to free periods. As a prospective med student I need to break this habit. How do you guys discipline yourselves to do a set amount of studying per day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -F-)
    Do those 2 hours include all subjects? Or do you allocate different nights to different subjects?

I have no real structure when it comes to studying, I just kind of do it when I'm doing my homework that's due in the next day or try and cram it in to free periods. As a prospective med student I need to break this habit. How do you guys discipline yourselves to do a set amount of studying per day?
    The 2 hours is for everything but I decide on the day what to cover - that's usually driven by what prep we've been given for the next class and anything that I find interesting and that I want to study in more detail. I've never found it hard to discipline myself to study as I'm taking subjects that interest me.

ReputationRep:
    I usually work in my frees, then a couple of hours a night and maybe half a day at the weekends. Depends on how much work I've got to do, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -F-)
    Just wondering, how many hours a week do you study outside of lessons?
    I just came down stairs an hours ago
    I studied from 4:45-8:30 almost 4 hours ( I know what your thinking sad, right? :ninjagirl: )

PS: you should find your own rhythm with revising- it's meant to be personal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orihime)
    I just came down stairs an hours ago
    I studied from 4:45-8:30 almost 4 hours ( I know what your thinking sad, right? :ninjagirl: )

PS: you should find your own rhythm with revising- it's meant to be personal.
    What did you cover in that time?

My rhythm with revising only kicks in when it's nearing exam time.

ReputationRep:
    Not enough in As, was lucky if i got in an hour a week.

Although now I'm doing around 1-2 hours a day...which i still think may not be enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -F-)
    What did you cover in that time?

My rhythm with revising only kicks in when it's nearing exam time.

Well to be honest not that much.

I did A2 biology AQA from 4 different books ( Nelson Thornes as my main/base book ).

I covered respiration/photosynthesis ( took me an hour and like 10 mins at max: it was just like revisiting it so nothing new )
    I did ecosystems that took me the most time. ( I hate agriculture and productivity shizz ):o:

ReputationRep:
    just in frees really
    that may have been why i got a B in chem dammit :shifty:
    this year im doing a lot more work outside aswel,
    although after coming home from work at the GP all ive done 2dat was watch house, uni challenge and go on TSR and fb...

soo bad... :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I hardly do any work outside of lessons and frees until exam time starts getting closer and closer.
    I hate to admit it but I'm a serial last minute crammer :o:
    I really need to stop doing it!!!

ReputationRep:
    meh-i just take ages on the homeworks and make sure i understand everything really well...........that way, i can figure stuff out when i cant remember it in the exam.
    my real work probably wont start until after we've covered the course

ReputationRep:
    Jack all. I can't even rememeber the last time I handed in homework either.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't do any at AS. Swore to change for A2 but i'm currently following the same path.. but I have made progress, attended 4 after school sessions and stayed at school till 6pm a few times!(Although that was to do my personal statement :P) Gonna start doing loads more after I actually send of my application!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.