Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, within the last hour my boyfriend of two years split up with me over distance.

We're both in uni i've had to leave though due to some personal reasons, so I've moved back home (moved back like last week) Which means we're now 4/5 hours away.
    I feel so sad though. :sad: Barely any of my friends are back home they're all still at uni virtually or moved away...or are just rubbish staying in contact so the only person I really had was him :rolleyes:
    As everyone seems to be moving on with their lives..or busy etc...
    I go back to my old job in a few days which is something I guess until I sort something, so obviously i'll meet new people through that.

I miss him so much though. I feel fed up etc 2 years with him was my longest and best relationship, he said if I ever were to be closer distance wise to him again he would give it another shot if our feelings are the same...but still meh
    i'm a mixture of emotions atm.

ReputationRep:
    hey please dont feel sad i know its easier said than done but this will pass, you dont need him to make you feel happy, sure he helps i suppose but my guy broke up with me on freshers and i was gutted but its giving me a chance to not have to worry about making sure he is ok and stuff, selfish yes, but...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baba_moon)
    oh know, the world will end now, MOVE ON LADY

Life is not about love and sex deary
    This.

ReputationRep:

Do everyone a favour, and learn to spell before being sarcastic about other people's problems, yeah?

I don't know what to say really OP as I don't know what your personal reasons were, but I hope things get better soon. Maybe make more of an effort with the friends at home that haven't kept in touch? Are you re-applying to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Awww OP I'm so sorry to hear this. I'd try and contact some people, those who are maybe still at home and try and arrange something? Or someone you haven't seen for absolutely ages would be good. Also it's good you're going back to your job,that'll give you something to be distracted about. I know it feels like **** right now and nothing anyone can say will make it better, but if you try and make it better, it will be. Best of luck and love. xx

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, within the last hour my boyfriend of two years split up with me over distance.

We're both in uni i've had to leave though due to some personal reasons, so I've moved back home (moved back like last week) Which means we're now 4/5 hours away.
    I feel so sad though. :sad: Barely any of my friends are back home they're all still at uni virtually or moved away...or are just rubbish staying in contact so the only person I really had was him :rolleyes:
    As everyone seems to be moving on with their lives..or busy etc...
    I go back to my old job in a few days which is something I guess until I sort something, so obviously i'll meet new people through that.

I miss him so much though. I feel fed up etc 2 years with him was my longest and best relationship, he said if I ever were to be closer distance wise to him again he would give it another shot if our feelings are the same...but still meh
    i'm a mixture of emotions atm.
    sorry to hear that, but i don't think you should have dropped out of uni over it :no: hope you feel better :hug:

btw baba_moon you're a ****, even if you are somewhat right, you could be a little nice about it :mad:

ReputationRep:

what's the meaning of life then? :holmes:

I could've accepted that if you'd put ALL about..

OP: Yeah I feel a bit sad for you but you'll move on sometime.. maybe not soon but in the future. As you said, focus on going back to work and meeting new people and with time you'll accept things. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    awww, poor you, PM me if you want to talk

cant you move up near to his uni? find a job there fresh start etc? maybe get back with your bf then in time go to uni again??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.