Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    I thought my teacher had lost it, turns out it was at home. Teacher made me walk home in baking sun to get it :mad:
    aww bless ya how embarrassing!

ReputationRep:
    I hated the way they always rewarded the morons/losers/popular kids. For example, "Oh oilcan, you didn't get an A - disappointed in you". "Well done ….. you got scraped an E and stayed quiet for ONE WHOLE lesson. Here have a merit".

I hated the stupid pointless rules like no gel etc.

I hated the way they always had sports awards etc. but none for academic achievement.

I hated the way that both schools I was out were sexist. For example, girls allowed highlights, boys not.

I hated the way that coloured kids (sorry if I offend anyone but this was the case at my school) were allowed to get away with everything.

I hated the way every mistake I made was magnified by 10x.

I hated the way that one of the popular kids would grass if I hadn't done my homework yet teachers would say that grassing isn't an option to my friends.

I hated the way some kids could say "Paddies" to teachers and get away with one kid called another kid a n**** and was excluded.

I hated the way teachers had personal vendettas against me just because I didn't match the mould which to them was if you get good grades you should only hang round with other good-graders etc. They couldn't accept that I did what I wanted and I orchestrated the many pranks unleashed on the school. I hung round with some of the "cooler" kids as well as the biggest goons in the school.

Finished...for now.

ReputationRep:
    ^^But overall it was pretty good huh

ReputationRep:
    oilcan .... did you like your school at all?

and on behalf of 'coloured kids' i aint offended since it was in perspective, albeit not sure if i like the perspective but nm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    oilcan .... did you like your school at all?

and on behalf of 'coloured kids' i aint offended since it was in perspective, albeit not sure if i like the perspective but nm
    No. I don't like school. I don't like the education system in general.

I said "coloured kids" because it was kids of all colour and yes that does include white kids. However, some black boy in my class kept saying "Paddy" which offends me as my Mum is Irish and he was getting away with it. Another boy made Italian jokes in a history lesson with my friend in there, who was Italian.

Yet, when some white boy was attacked by a coloured boy with one of those hammers on the bus and he yelled n***** he was expelled.

The coloured boy got off scott free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilcan)

I said "coloured kids" because it was kids of all colour and yes that does include white kids. However, some black boy in my class kept saying "Paddy" which offends me as my Mum is Irish and he was getting away with it. Another boy made Italian jokes in a history lesson with my friend in there, who was Italian.

Yet, when some white boy was attacked by a coloured boy with one of those hammers on the bus and he yelled n***** he was expelled.

sh*t ....where is your school man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    sh*t ....where is your school man?
    Hatfield, Hertfordshire.

It's a Conservative county. It has like the highest Conservative rating in the country or osmething, although I'll vote Labour when I'm older.

It's supposed to be a good clean suburb. It's very run-of-the-mill school; a very run-of-the-mill place.

And this is what happens...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilcan)

omfg, i dont blame you hating your school...

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i suppose, is ya school always like that or it is just like isolated incidents

ReputationRep:
    In my school there's this kid, hate him so much, as do a lot of other people, he'd go around punching gaping holes in windows, throwing chairs around the class, verbal abusing the teachers, and you sit there thinking stfu you stupid little f***, they suspend him but he keeps coming back :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It's like a bowl of vinegar to be honest.

It turns the good, nice kids into hate-filled bigots.

My sister was very clever and open-minded. However, now at 20 she is a racist pub-dosser. It's not entirely the school's fault I know.

All my friends are racist. Apparently there's gonna be a "race war" at the prom and people are enlisting others who don't even attend the school.

The school has racted by excluding one white kid from attending.

The school is seen as the doss school of the area but if you want to do well there, you can. However, it's always a constant battle against the apathetic, the naive and the ignorant but c'est la vie, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    o rite, i can understand where your comin from now, its kinda hard to not feel the way you do when everyone else is ennit?

ReputationRep:
    I've always hated the crappy one-way system in place in our main school building.

ReputationRep:
    weve got that in our language building coz they didnt build the halls wide enough, but i'm not taking any languages next yr, so no more one way for me, lol

ReputationRep:
    i hated toilets(*****y like hell, diseases can spread there,lol), i hated uniform so much(it is green), i hated some idiotic chavs disturbing lessons and getting on my nerves, i hated chavvy girls(they think they are fit,whereas in fact they are ugly like hell), like you i hated the fact we had to go and get tickets from the hall and then queue up, whereas 6th formers could just walk up and buy stuff.and the list goes on!!!!lol

ReputationRep:
    you had to get tickets, like a deli counter or sumthin wooh! we just had to wait till it was our yrs turn.

i hated the fact we werent allowed to leave school

ReputationRep:
    I also hate the fact that we have to pay for stuff from the canteen using crappy cards rather than actual money.

ReputationRep:
    SMARTCARDS!! weve had those since before i started and this yr they said they would now only except smartcards, but we still give them money and they give us change, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    SMARTCARDS!! weve had those since before i started and this yr they said they would now only except smartcards, but we still give them money and they give us change, lol
    smartcards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    smartcards?
    yeh basically there like school version bank cards, you put money on them and then when you buy your lunch they put the card into the slotter(you know what i mean, like a chip and pin machine) and it takes the money off, it's meant to be safer coz it means kids arent walking around with money to get mugged (big thing by my school) and its meant to b e wuicker coz theres no having to ge tout money and get change and stuff

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.