Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
WhySoLimey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
u sure its from metabolism? never knew that.. my metabolism is crazy too but dont have problems with sweating

i heard u can get really strong anti perspirant for your underarms but idk what you can do about the forehead sweat :X
Fuzzpig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have a stupidly high metabolism, from my dad (I swear he was the original Mr Muscle from the advert) I lose weight very fast, put weight on too slowly, etc.

I do not sweat excessively, so are you sure that's what's causing it?
DeaNo G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Buy a product called 'Driclor', its amazing... you put it on at night, wash it off in morning. No sweat.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
No i dont think it is to do with high metabolism. I think you've got a condition called hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), and im pretty sure that your doctor would have been able to diagnose that when you went? I in fact also have this problem incl. in the winter and your not on your own because i have seen other people around who are sweating quite a bit (apparantly it effects only about 1% of the uk population)
As you have already been to the doctors before, you should go back and just simply explain that what you got isnt working for you. In 'extreme' cases where medicines, alluminium chloride creams and antiperspirants dont work, you can have an operation (something to do with numbing nerves attached to sewat glands, im not entirely sure), and this would then not only clear up underarm sweat but also in other area like face hands etc....
Or, botox injections into your sweat glads, but they only last for a few months and then need to be topped up, and this is quite expensive.
Hope this helps
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Adrex)
Well since about 1-2 years ago, I started to sweat more then usual, which has really brought my self-confidence down. I've always known that my Metabolism is EXRTEMLY HIGH, I can get sixpacks very easily, lose weight easily, excellent Stamina, fast everything.

But Now I litterly sweat for no reason, My self esteem has dropped really low, whenever I talk to a girl I start to sweat on my forhead and armpits which is very annoying. Even In the Winter I keep sweating.

So bassically It's brought my self confidence and self esteem down, I don't really try anything with girls anymore, even girls I really like I haven't made any moves as i keep thinking that i'll probabaly sweat heavily if i do. (just holdin back until i resolve this)

Doc gave me some pils for calcium or vitamine D or w.e but haven't really worked.

could you possibly have Hyperhidrosis?

i had it on my hands only since as long as i could remember and they would sweat all day every day, ...then (unrelated) i decided to get a paul mckenna book for dealing with anxiety and it came with a "mind programming cd" then after a while my sweaty hands cleared up..

my subconcious must have been stuck in a chronic state of anxiety and that was causing the sweating.

perhaps something along those lines is happening with you
Adrex
Rep:
?
Adrex
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
could you possibly have Hyperhidrosis?

i had it on my hands only since as long as i could remember and they would sweat all day every day, ...then (unrelated) i decided to get a paul mckenna book for dealing with anxiety and it came with a "mind programming cd" then after a while my sweaty hands cleared up..

my subconcious must have been stuck in a chronic state of anxiety and that was causing the sweating.

perhaps something along those lines is happening with you
Yes i do think i have an Anxiety.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Adrex)
Yes i do think i have an Anxiety.

then perhaps you should take steps to try overcome your anxiety. might be worth exploring, your sweating might stop like mine.

sometimes if i find my self worrying about a particular thing too much then after a few weeks the sweaty hands start to come back ...but then i just use the cd again and it sorts it
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Adrex)
Well since about 1-2 years ago, I started to sweat more then usual, which has really brought my self-confidence down. I've always known that my Metabolism is EXRTEMLY HIGH, I can get sixpacks very easily, lose weight easily, excellent Stamina, fast everything.

But Now I litterly sweat for no reason, My self esteem has dropped really low, whenever I talk to a girl I start to sweat on my forhead and armpits which is very annoying. Even In the Winter I keep sweating.

So bassically It's brought my self confidence and self esteem down, I don't really try anything with girls anymore, even girls I really like I haven't made any moves as i keep thinking that i'll probabaly sweat heavily if i do. (just holdin back until i resolve this)

Doc gave me some pils for calcium or vitamine D or w.e but haven't really worked.
Perhaps this is your problem? When in the bedroom with a lady, slow things down a little. Then next time you won't be as anxious due to her being unsatisfied.
Adrex
Rep:
?
(Original post by meskell)
Perhaps this is your problem? When in the bedroom with a lady, slow things down a little. Then next time you won't be as anxious due to her being unsatisfied.
I meant that as fast in running and sports lol.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
I sweat heavily too, my hands have been sweaty alot of the time so I often reject hand shakes, one guy stopped talking to me when I rejected his hand shake, he tought it was rude! Its not my fault!

I also sweat so bad that papers I touch get wet and creased, I have ruined ink on books.

I would say I am anxious in social situations and I do have a high metabolism. Im very skinny.
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
I have this too! Glad to see that i'm not alone, i use sure maximum protection which is a 48 hr anti-perspirant and it works a little; not fantastic but is cheaper than some of the others!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (48)
18.11%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (107)
40.38%
Nope, not that interesting (110)
41.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed