Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just got my A2 predicted grades which are:

Eng Lit: A
    Sociology: C
    Media Studies: D

I want to study either English Literature Or English Literature and Creative Writing...

So basically the advice I'm asking for is which kind of uni's I could apply to with those kind of expected grades as I have absolutely no idea what I should be aiming for... any help would be greatly appreciated :o:

ReputationRep:
    Aberwswtyh or Chester to do the English with Creative Writing?

ReputationRep:
    Goldsmiths do English with creative writing and I am pretty sure Chichester do English with creative writing as well.

ReputationRep:
    Get the ucas big guide out (your college or school library or local library should have one... if not there is a search thing which does similar job on the website)

Turn to the courses you want to do.
    Look down the list and write any which you think you may reach the entry grades for (even if some a little higher than expected if you want).
    Think about key points such as location that might rule out any of the ones on your list.
    With what you have left, look at websites for course content and general feeling. What you still have left, order a prospectus for and have a good read.

There may seem like an AWFUL lot of unis out there but you'd be surprised how much this system can whittle it down- I ordered quite a fair few prospectuses (maybe 20?) but post is always fun And ended up going to open days for just 5.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think you need BBB for Goldsmiths...

I'm planning to do English literature with creative writing at Hertfordshire.

ReputationRep:
    MMU - we do English with Creative Writing and the Creative Writing staff are fantastic.

There's lots of unis which do joint E&CW degrees so you still have a lot of options

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 14, 2009

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.