Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to be 9 stone and at least a size 12 by college. And from Tuesday, I will start on my long weight loss journey.

Current stats
    Height: 5”4
    Weight: 169 lb
    Bust (inches): 39
    Waist (inches: 30
    Widest point of hips (inches): 43
    Dress size: Small 16

Exercise regime until half-term
    3 hours in school gym a week (HIIT/Weights)
    At least 5 hours of walking a week (up to fifteen in some cases)
    Another 1 1/4 hours of cardio in P.E Lessons a week.

Diet
    I can't change my diet that much at the moment. I mean I won't eat junk food and limit calories but it's not exactly amazing because my cooker is broke and my mum resists me demanding healthier meals. I will try my hardest though.

ReputationRep:
    School gym has weights?

ReputationRep:
    Your mum doesn't want you to eat more healthily? Can't you cook for yourself using a microwave or something?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you just have cereal for breakfast - whatever meal your mother makes - and like a sandwich - few fruits throughout the day - no drinks, only water - with that excercise routine - you will lose weight pretty fast.

(I don't want to give any complex diet, even though they are more effective - most people end up not sticking to them - so a less efficient one which people are likely to keep to and lose weight, is usually better then them staying fat)

ReputationRep:
    You're like me

I'm 155lb though and 5'5.

I want to weigh about 9st though. Well, that's the plan at the moment. Aiming for around April - May time.

Good going and keep posting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    Well if you just have cereal for breakfast - whatever meal your mother makes - and like a sandwich - few fruits throughout the day - no drinks, only water - with that excercise routine - you will lose weight pretty fast.

(I don't want to give any complex diet, even though they are more effective - most people end up not sticking to them - so a less efficient one which people are likely to keep to and lose weight, is usually better then them staying fat)
    Yep, I tend to stick to something like weetabix for breakfast, a sandwich and whatever my mother cooks me.

Btw my mother will not let me cook my own meals, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirona)
    I want to be 9 stone and at least a size 12 by college. And from Tuesday, I will start on my long weight loss journey.

Current stats
    Height: 5”4
    Weight: 169 lb
    Bust (inches): 39
    Waist (inches: 30
    Widest point of hips (inches): 43
    Dress size: Small 16

Exercise regime until half-term
    3 hours in school gym a week (HIIT/Weights)
    At least 5 hours of walking a week (up to fifteen in some cases)
    Another 1 1/4 hours of cardio in P.E Lessons a week.

Diet
    I can't change my diet that much at the moment. I mean I won't eat junk food and limit calories but it's not exactly amazing because my cooker is broke and my mum resists me demanding healthier meals. I will try my hardest though.

Im only saying this, regular excercise is fine..as is making sure you eat healthily, but hun you're 15years old, your body isn't fully developed yet and you should In no way consider dieting, try and eat reguarly, and balanced but also enjoy it, theres nothing wrong with a bit of fat at your age, and it will soon go, but PLEASE do not get obsessed over this, dont bother weighing yourself etc, like i said- you're still a youing growing girl

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday 13th of October 2009

Today’s the first day and I’m surprised that I’m not hungry, probably due to a lack of exercise today. I hope that tomorrow won’t be too bad with doing my first proper HIIT session in the gym.

Diet
    Weetabix
    Ham/Mayo/Lettuce Sandwich on wholemeal bread
    An Oreo from a friend
    Pea and ham soup with brown bread

I really need to add more vegetation to my diet but I’m finding it exceptionally difficult because I hate fruit (I gag when I eat apples/bananas). I’m going to prepare my own salads beside my dinners and ask my mum for more vegetables with meals.

Exercise
    45 mins of quick-paced walking

Wasn’t that much but the gym’s not open on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise
    45 mins of quick-paced walking
    Next time do 20 minutes of running as hard as you can for that period of time. Saves you 25 minutes and isn't a waste of time - actually it probably saves you 45 minutes because walking is worthless. Oh and eat more.

P.S. you need 20 weeks to do this, roughly. Not a full year.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday 14th of October 2009

I’m pretty scared. I’ve done tons of exercise and feel absolutely fine. I went with a friend to the gym for a change and it motivated and entertained me far more than an iPod. I made myself eat an apple… urgh.

Diet
    Weetabix
    Two oreos
    Two slices of home-made pizza, one small jacket potato and a large salad
    An apple

Exercise
    75 mins of quick-paced walking
    40 mins of badmintion
    20 mins of HIIT
    30 mins of weights

A lot of exercise for a fat person

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday 14th of October 2009

I’m pretty scared. I’ve done tons of exercise and feel absolutely fine. I went with a friend to the gym for a change and it motivated and entertained me far more than an iPod. I made myself eat an apple… urgh.

Diet
    Weetabix
    Two oreos
    Two slices of home-made pizza, one small jacket potato and a large salad
    An apple

Exercise
    40 mins of badmintion
    20 mins of HIIT
    30 mins of weights

A lot of exercise for a fat person
    Please stop this, its heart breaking to read! You're 15, you're taking this far too seriously for a girl of your age, you are NOT eating enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Please stop this, its heart breaking to read! You're 15, you're taking this far too seriously for a girl of your age, you are NOT eating enough!
    x2

Your doing way, wayyyy too much exercise. Stick to HIIT and weights. You don't want to drop weight fast or your going to get stretch marks which i'm sure you don't want and eat more. It's a lifestyle change, not something you can do for a while and then go back to before. You need to be able to sustain it and since your only 15 you don't want to lack your body of energy. I'm 17 and am going to hold off cutting for as long as possible because it could affect my height gains. Just keep it simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Your doing way, wayyyy too much exercise. Stick to HIIT and weights. You don't want to drop weight fast or your going to get stretch marks which i'm sure you don't want and eat more. It's a lifestyle change, not something you can do for a while and then go back to before. You need to be able to sustain it and since your only 15 you don't want to lack your body of energy. I'm 17 and am going to hold off cutting for as long as possible because it could affect my height gains. Just keep it simple.

im more concerned about what shes eating, and the fact she felt guilty about eating an apple- very concerned. I think the OP if she was really concerned should seek medical advice, as she's under the age of 18, dieting should be done under medical supervision at the end of the day, and NOT promoted

ReputationRep:
    im more concerned about what shes eating, and the fact she felt guilty about eating an apple- very concerned. I think the OP if she was really concerned should seek medical advice, as she's under the age of 18, dieting should be done under medical supervision at the end of the day, and NOT promoted
    Sounded more like she just doesnt like eating fruit than anything tbh.

As for the diet, jacket potato, sandwich, and cereal seems like a pretty normal (and quite possibly health, depending on portion sizes) diet to me. As for age, whilst your body isnt fully developed its also no reason to not oversize or eat healthily to support that and your goals. Be it weight gain (muscle) or weight (fat) loss. As such wtf does being under 18 have to do with it? Starvation is different to dieting and to make a judgment really portion sizes are required. Eating those things I could get above 2000kcal quite happily in 1 day, or you could be less than 1000...

Honestly, its not true. Provided your eating a decent amount (by which I mean still above your BMR) your body can cope for a fair while, Iv yet to see a study which shows that eating like that for a short period of time (as in cutting) causes growth problems.

(Original post by mipegg)
    Honestly, its not true. Provided your eating a decent amount (by which I mean still above your BMR) your body can cope for a fair while, Iv yet to see a study which shows that eating like that for a short period of time (as in cutting) causes growth problems.
    If you read the title it says for 1 year basically.

ReputationRep:
    If you read the title it says for 1 year basically.
    Again, depending on portion sizes which arent specified. Like I said, on that I could get 2000 kcal in easy.

Though I will say that it needs more diversity and extra volume wouldnt be a bad thing

(Original post by mipegg)
    Again, depending on portion sizes which arent specified. Like I said, on that I could get 2000 kcal in easy.

Though I will say that it needs more diversity and extra volume wouldnt be a bad thing
    Yeah YOU could, but she isn't.

Anyway this his her blog im not going to hijack it, I made my point and up to the OP what she want's to do, good luck either way.

ReputationRep:
    Don’t worry, I don’t feel guilty about eating the apple – it’s rather the opposite. I forced myself to eat it as it’s healthy and I was hungry at lunch. I’d like to add that I lost two stone beforehand a while back and my food intake and routine varies day to day when I’m losing weight.

On Thursday, I’ll only walk to school and back and play badminton in P.E and probably eat a larger lunch and dinner. I won't work very hard each day as I couldn't manage it. I've learnt that lesson with my last weight loss attempting to do 5 hours on a bike a week when I was obese.

ReputationRep:
    Thursday 15th of October 2009

I'd like to diet under medical supervision but there's a waiting list and because my BMI is under 30 that shoves me lower down on it. I once went to a GP when my BMI was 29.9 and he said, "Just eat less and exercise."

Diet
    Weetabix
    Chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread
    A shortbread biscuit
    Shepherd’s pie with two servings of carrots and a serving of cabbage
    An ice lolly

Exercise
    20 mins of badmintion

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.