Turn on thread page Beta

how can I say that ? watch

Announcements

Hi, all I am in China, I need to know how to decribe the salary after I pay the income tax. Is it
    after-tax salary? I need say that during interviewing time. Thank you in advance Bill Zhao

"Bill zhao" <[email protected]> burbled news:[email protected]:

[q1]> Hi, all I am in China, I need to know how to decribe the salary after I pay the income tax. Is it[/q1]
    [q1]> after-tax salary? I need say that during interviewing time.[/q1]

There are two terms for salary: gross and net. Gross is the total salary paid to you and net is your
    salary after taxes and other expenses are deducted.

If all you want to know is how much your "take-home pay"--the amount of money you actually get to
    take home and spend on things like food, rent, utilities, clothing, and entertainment--will be, you
    can use that term. It's almost equivalent to "net earnings", your salary after income taxes,
    retirement fund deductions, and national health insurance fees are deducted.

--
    Franke: " All grammatical rules are relative to some specific context, and the default is the
    unmonitored modern colloquial English of native speakers. Other contexts need specification."
    John Lawler.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.