Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey...Im just gonna keep it short and to the point..I'm not sure were to apply grades is not a problem for the ones listed below its just that Im not sure were to go as sources that I have been looking at like Good Uni Guide keep changing dramatically year by year so its not really that helpful!... ...Im thinking of doing something along the lines of management....

Im thinkin from these;

Manchester
    Aston
    Loughborough
    Warwick (Is it true there's hardly a social life there?:confused: )
    Cass
    KCL
    Leeds
    Nottingham

Please could you help me out.

Bearing in mind that Aston, Leeds & Cass offer placements which I would love to do as they say experience counts. Which one's do you think are generally more recognised, have high employment rates e.t.c.

If you could let me know your views it would be great Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i forgot to mention that but I was considering it as I did go to the open day. However there business degrees are quite specific e.g management with asian studies right?

ReputationRep:
    However they also do a plain management one hmmm .. Its so hard to make a choice!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, like I do Management with French, but you can do Single Honours Management Studies or the Finance, accounting and Management (FAM) is an extremely popular course!

I've really enjoyed it, the grade requirement is AAB I believe, it was ABB last year - very competitive.

ReputationRep:
    Visit each one and see what you like.

Warwick is by far the best degree, but its a campus uni and isnt right for everyone. Many people love it, many people dislike it. Wheras Notts, KCL, or Manchester are brilliant city unis and come with everything that entails. There is no "best" uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_G)
    Im thinkin from these;

Manchester
    Aston
    Loughborough
    Cass
    KCL
    Leeds
    Nottingham
    Would rate them approx in this order:
    Cass
    Warwick
    Kings
    Aston
    Mancs
    Notts
    l'boro
    leeds

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is by far the better uni for business related degrees.

ReputationRep:
    I know compared to all of them Nottingham Trent is a crap university, but it apparently has a decent business school, not too sure..

I really liked this degree, and apparently has 100% employment rate and graduates earn 25% more than the average salary..

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/apps/pss/course...-Company).aspx

You only pay tuition fees for year one, you get two years work experience + bursaries paid to you to help with accomodation etc by the company

I've been thinking about it, seems good to me, it's just the university that's the problem..

Just a thought!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_G)
    Hey...Im just gonna keep it short and to the point..I'm not sure were to apply grades is not a problem for the ones listed below its just that Im not sure were to go as sources that I have been looking at like Good Uni Guide keep changing dramatically year by year so its not really that helpful!... ...Im thinking of doing something along the lines of management....

Im thinkin from these;

Manchester
    Aston
    Loughborough
    Cass
    KCL
    Leeds
    Nottingham

Please could you help me out.

Bearing in mind that Aston, Leeds & Cass offer placements which I would love to do as they say experience counts. Which one's do you think are generally more recognised, have high employment rates e.t.c.

If you could let me know your views it would be great Cheers.
    I heard from one person that his friend left because it was full of geeks but i'm not gonna judge it seems like an extremely nice campus and academically it's one of the best.

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough....but I'm biased! We're the biggest department on campus and all the degrees in the department are quite flexible, plus have a 3rd year on placement with good links to top employers (my flatmate just came back from a year at Goldman Sachs). That's before you start to consider the amaaazing social and sports opportunities! If you like a campus feel it's one of the best.

ReputationRep:
    Aston! Employers go ape **** for their graduates...and 60% of placement year employers offer you a job at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fantasystar38)
    Aston! Employers go ape **** for their graduates...and 60% of placement year employers offer you a job at the end.
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_LiNk_x)
    Source?
    The uni itself I'll admit, it's what they say on opendays.

ReputationRep:
    Hi S_G,

I graduated from Warwick Business School, I'd say it has one of the best all round courses you can get. But as mentioned above, it is a uni with campus life, meaning outside the campus its DEAD.

There is nothing you can do and the city centre is about 30 minutes away by bus. Shopping-wise you will probably have to go to Birmingham or London.

In terms of employment or further study, a lot of my friends are actually working in Investment Banks and consultancy firms. Some of them also went onto LSE, Oxford and Cambridge to do a master.

Hence I guess it depends on your preference, business courses in warwick are Management Science, Account & Finance, International Business (with a year abroad). For the former 2, you have the chance to study as an exchange at the Wharton Business School in the state.

Hope you find it useful!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=dwp_01]I know compared to all of them Nottingham Trent is a crap university, but it apparently has a decent business school, not too sure..

I really liked this degree, and apparently has 100% employment rate and graduates earn 25% more than the average salary..

You only pay tuition fees for year one, you get two years work experience + bursaries paid to you to help with accomodation etc by the company

I've been thinking about it, seems good to me, it's just the university that's the problem..

Thanks for you help. Actually that does seem like a really good university course yeh the university is a problem but i guess in the end of the day your at an advantage with 2 years work experience and to add to this you wont be in debt lol theres no harm in putting it down as one of your choices.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much everyone

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=dwp_01]I know compared to all of them Nottingham Trent is a crap university, but it apparently has a decent business school, not too sure..

Hey, this seems like a really good course yeh its at trent hmm i know what you mean but i guess its ite as its two years work experience and experience is vital these days and to add to this you wont be in debt lol. Worth putting it down as one of your choices ey. Where else are you applying?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 14, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.