Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chubby)
    so is the following combimations acceptable

maths: p1 p2 p3, s2, s3, NM

Further maths m1 m2 M3, p4, P5 and S1
    Have you done NM and S3, how were they, easy? interesting?

ReputationRep:
    ARGHH. i will have to resit NM then if my mark is horrible then i can swap with s1.

actually i had to selfstudy numerical maths because of lack of time in the school maths hours. its alright really but not my favourite like pure. no have not done S2 and S3. will be doing them next year. i dont like stats!!! boring!!!!!!
    actually instead of P6 my school chose NM. so i dont need P6 at all. that what my maths teacher told me when i enquired about the lack of teaching p6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chubby)
    ARGHH. i will have to resit NM then if my mark is horrible then i can swap with s1.

actually i had to selfstudy numerical maths because of lack of time in the school maths hours. its alright really but not my favourite like pure. no have not done S2 and S3. will be doing them next year. i dont like stats!!! boring!!!!!!
    actually instead of P6 my school chose NM. so i dont need P6 at all. that what my maths teacher told me when i enquired about the lack of teaching p6.
    Oh right, I would have thought P6 was nessary, but maybe NM may do.
    I do further math at Warwick uni, but I don't quite prefer the teaching method.
    So I just teach myself also. I know what you mean, stats can be boring, BUT the distributions (Binomial, normal... etc) studied at S2 and S3 aren't bad, actually quite good.
    I'm currently teaching myself NM, quite normal and easy .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vijay1)
    Yeh Chemistry is becoming interesting, I seem to find Organic more interesting and easier to understand then inorganic, as I see the connections between different reactions, hence it becomes easy and fun to learn (all other people in my class find this hard! )

Biology, well I want to do something in the medicine field as my career, so may take on medicine. Biology Gentics exam was horrible, well I didn't revise, Physiology I found more easy, and think i did good in the exam (I know this is not always tru for everyone!)

I've heard different opinions about math at uni, such as math is very different at uni, I don't know how much of it is true, but its definitely true that you work less with numbers and more with symbols in uni math! :rolleyes:

Mechanics (M1), well thats actually the next unit we'll do for A2, haven't started yet, but looked at the books, it looks fine and interesting, its better then statistics!

I know what you mean about liking pure more then applied units, Same with me, but some people actually prefer things like S1 etc. obviously because its easy, pures hard for them as they say.

Finally, I can't wait to do mechanics, it sounds so interesting.
    i like organic chemistry aswell- its cool cos its all linked. i was rubbish at inorganic, but after we changed our teacher, i got it more. but overall chemistry is much better than biology. all my modules went bad -1,2 and 3.

i considered medicine, but i think its not down my back street. i enjoy doin maths so i know dat ill work hard towards it ( i hope !!) unlike medicine. i wouldnt mind doin sommer 2 do with chemistry because thats pretty fun.

mechanics is interesting, but it has a lot of physics and i hate physics. it has a lot of satisfaction at the end, but the exam was nasty. i think statistics is much better than mechanics!!
    i find pure easier- its more simpler to understand. i think most of applied i.e.m1 is new to me dats why i dont prefer it. whereas ive been doing pure since i can remember - thats why i like it.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.