Turn on thread page Beta

Where to meet girls post-uni watch

Announcements

I've left uni now, and none of the relationships I was in lasted, so am now single and jobless!

My question is, beyond uni, what is the best way to meet girls to date? Meeting them in clubs never seems to work for me, and I can't imagine dating a work colleague, so I'm a bit clueless as to what do do!

Can anyone who's been in, or can relate to my situation, give me any advice?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Im in the exact situation as you! It feels like im never going to meet anyone now uni is over. I miss being a student

ReputationRep:
    Friends in the year below

(I'm at uni so no idea, but will be what i'm doing after uni :p:).

ReputationRep:
    I used to volunteer in Oxfam, and throughout half of the year I've bee there, seen oh so many people getting into couples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trulygonefishing)
    I used to volunteer in Oxfam, and throughout half of the year I've bee there, seen oh so many people getting into couples
    Pretty much everyone who works in Oxfam is old.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean OP. I have no idea how I'm going to meet women now that I'm out of uni. I have a job but my chance of meeting a woman at work that would date me is slim to none.

ReputationRep:
    Depends a lot on which Oxfam We had a lot of people of college/university/in-between-studies age. But the shop is in one of the main streets of Liverpool and has quite a good vintage clothes section, so that could have contributed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Pretty much everyone who works in Oxfam is old.
    Bar that poster though, right? And no doubt more people besides.

ReputationRep:
    online dating

ReputationRep:
    Thailand?

Well, if you get a job, meet colleagues, then meet these friends of colleagues, etc

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot of hot chicks go into church on Sunday....try there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neodymium)
    Thailand?

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty normal to go out with your work colleagues, but then I guess it depends where you work and what the people are like.

Just get back on "the scene" as it were - go out with friends, meet their friends and their friends' friends, and hopefully you'll hit it off with someone somewhere along the line!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Bar that poster though, right? And no doubt more people besides.
    Nah, actually, not the one in my city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Nah, actually, not the one in my city.
    There's only one, in the whole city?

ReputationRep:
    The girls serving you at the coop! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    There's only one, in the whole city?
    Only one in the city centre. Probably some out in suburbia somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I think places like the gym, pub with mates (and their friends), sports clubs and work (although apparently not in your case) are all good places to meet people. Now all I need is a job and a gym membership...

ReputationRep:
    supermarkets
    dole queue
    public transport

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2009
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.