The Student Room Group

Whats the best cream for Eczema!!?

Hello....
I am 16 years old and have suffered for Ezcema for all my life!... I have tried so many creams but none of then have worked! My Ezcema gets really bad in the winter and becomes all drie..... No matter what i do it is always drie! Does anyone know of a really good cream that will help my Ezcema out!? If you do then thank you... you will have been a great big help to me!

Scroll to see replies

Have you tried Betnovate?
Reply 2
Steroid creams get rid of it in like 30 mins even if it's really bad.
Reply 3
as above, in particular hydrocortisone.
Reply 4
Ruthie!

Yes that is the name of the one I got (I couldn't remember it when posting).

Even really moist, or dry, or really painful and itchy eczema is gone in like 30 mins. It's just is isn't very good for your skin so you shouldn't use it too often.
Reply 5
Try E45 or Dermal doublebase gel.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100003784.html
Reply 6
Well aqueous cream is super duper for the dryness, but I guess a steroid cream is going to be to the best option if nothing else is working. I use Fucibet, good stuff. Get ye to a doctor!
Reply 7
CJN
Yes that is the name of the one I got (I couldn't remember it when posting).

Even really moist, or dry, or really painful and itchy eczema is gone in like 30 mins. It's just is isn't very good for your skin so you shouldn't use it too often.

It really is fantastic stuff, mine was flaring up just last night, all red and bumpy, so i put some on before it got too bad and I woke up this morning and its gone!
I only ever need to use it like once a month or so now.
Have you tried Sudocrem? It's worked wonders for me. It's brilliant, makes me skin as soft as a babies bum ( minus the nappy rash lol). Good luck!
Reply 9
E25 is good and you can get it on prescription
I suffer from eczema too, now and then. E45 ftw!
Reply 11
E45. works a treat.
Agreed, E45 or aqueous cream. The latter I bought from boots, and was only £4 for a huge tub. Well worth it! :smile:
You may have to try a few types. Steroid creams barely work for me, but moisturisers do a lot of good, I got Diprobase which is an emollient which works for me.

Have you been the doctors? They may be able to give you a good cream, if they don't work they'll sometimes even refer you to a dermatologist, though had to be quite bad and ongoing for that to be needed.
Reply 14
Why has nobody pointed out 'Drie' yet?
Reply 15
Dream Cream from Lush is expensive but it's miraculous... it's healed my skin when nothing else worked. I've got lots of my friends using it too and they all swear by it for a variety of different things (including eczema).
If you go to a Lush shop and ask for a free sample they'll give you some. They're really helpful.

https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&product_id=332
Reply 16
The dream cream didn't work on my sister btw!

Hydroquartisone (sp)
Elecon (sp)
Eumavate (sp)
Aqueous
Aveeno- loveeee this one, its about £9 a bottle in shops but free from doctors :biggrin:
e45, but eat really heathily thats the best thing
Reply 18
Ruthie!
I have found hydrocortisone to be the most effective, and replacing soap in the shower with Dermol, utilising the Dermol constantly. So yeah, :doctor: and try them.
Moisturisers are ok for general use but to get rid i've found you really need a steroid cream, Dermovate is the best ive come across

Latest

Trending

Trending