Turn on thread page Beta

Long distance? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not so much as a "problem" for me as of yet, but yeah I may as well post this now since I'm curious to see other people's views :p:

If you had the choice between the two, which one would it be and why?

a) a long distance relationship relationship (neither of you own a car, so it is a faff seeing them) with someone you cared about very deeply

or

b) a relationship with someone local who you 'clicked' with, but did not have the intensity of the feelings of the former

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Can a relationship with you be one of the options?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Can a relationship with you be one of the options?
    For you? Like you even had to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roses)
    Not so much as a "problem" for me as of yet, but yeah I may as well post this now since I'm curious to see other people's views :p:

If you had the choice between the two, which one would it be and why?

a) a long distance relationship relationship (neither of you own a car, so it is a faff seeing them) with someone you cared about very deeply

or

b) a relationship with someone local who you 'clicked' with, but did not have the intensity of the feelings of the former

Thanks in advance
    This is what might be facing me next year

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm in a long distance right now and neither of us own a car. It's been going well for over a year so I vote A! It's not the easiest thing but I love him to bits.

ReputationRep:
    The former definitely. Honestly, they're not so bad. I've done it and it worked, it's all about trying hard and really wanting it to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldsilvy)
    This is what might be facing me next year
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in a long distance relationship, the first couple of weeks was hard because we used to spend a huge amount of time together plus he got paranoid because most of my university friends are guys. He came up to visit last week and now he's completely fine.
    If you love each other enough, you can work through it.

ReputationRep:
    'a', 'a', 'a' - a gazillion times, 'a'.

A
    But in saying that my boyfriend and I just split over distance, we were both at the same uni but I moved away and he couldn't handle from seeing me loads to hardly as much.
    It sucks really. =( Because we still like each other but oh well we'll probably give it another go if we're ever close distance wise and our feelings are the same in a year or something...

ReputationRep:
    A - without a doubt. I've been with my bf for over 2 years, been long distance for just over a year and although it's hard and you miss them etc, it's completely worth it for him. Neither of us have a car but luckily there are these things called buses and trains lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.