Turn on thread page Beta

Tonight I went out clubbing at my uni. I'm not the clubbing type so not too good in the clubbing scene. I walked around with my friends a lot, having a few drinks and talking. I am so ****** off because I queued ages outside the place. Standing up so long in the queue made me feel ill so I got into the club and did not feel like dancing :mad: I ordered drinks which took an absolute age to order cos queues for that were so long. When I finally could enjoy myself, I felt tired, ill and not in the mood to talk to people. A girl came over to me when I was sitting down (3rd year, I'm a fresher), she was very friendly (a small bit drunk) and was coming on to me. My general tiredness and not wanting to do anything made her say I looked "scared and bored" so she eventually wandered off. This may be the first and only time a girl comes onto me in a club and she wasn't massively drunk so knew what she was doing :mad:

I guess my questions are: how do I stop myself from becoming tired and ill before getting into the club? Its happened the past several occasions but moreso tonight than ever. I wanted to feel excited but I cba to dance and have a good time in such a tiring environment when I was already tired. how do I also take those moments when a girl comes up to you/you go up to a girl in a club by the scruff of the neck and make them count? I blew my chance tonight, a 3rd year was so close to, well, kissing me and she came up to me :o: thank you TSR

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    if i've had a long day at uni, i take a few pro plus and i'm good for the night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baigel)
    if i've had a long day at uni, i take a few pro plus and i'm good for the night
    Tutut. I lived on that **** in exams. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    if you don't like clubs, don't go

ReputationRep:
    Wake up later on days your going out so your not so tired late.

(Original post by nowheree)
    if you don't like clubs, don't go
    I did not say that. I said I was tired and ill before I got in. I like clubs. How else can I meet girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarexi)
    Tutut. I lived on that **** in exams. Bad times.
    yep, i know what you mean, i took them during exam season too.

ReputationRep:
    When I was a fresher the mistake I made was going to a club on a empty stomach, not too much other wise u ll puke it up after but just enough to get u through the night

(Original post by 2kuayyaz)
    When I was a fresher the mistake I made was going to a club on a empty stomach, not too much other wise u ll puke it up after but just enough to get u through the night
    I ate a massive plate of pasta about an hour before going out, could that have triggered it?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Mdma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I did not say that. I said I was tired and ill before I got in. I like clubs. How else can I meet girls?
    Erm....the library?

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Mdma.
    We don't all take illegal drugs :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We don't all take illegal drugs :no:

We all should though.

ReputationRep:
    http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5628/facepalmlol.gif

edit: drugs are fine as long as you do them in moderation & don't advertise to people that you do them.....

ReputationRep:
    I know this has nothing to do with this but Russell Peters is Hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2kuayyaz)
    I know this has nothing to do with this but Russell Peters is Hilarious
    LOL. but some people like clubbing some dont its life

ReputationRep:
    Go to sleep at 6 in the morning so you wake up about 4 in the afternoon. Allow the lectures they just get in the way of fun, and since your a fresher, unless youre doing sumthing like medicine, you generally actually have to be aiming to fail, to actually fail. Then hit the red bull and relentless about 10 o clock and off to the club about 11. Simples?

Repeat if necessary (i.e. If your goin Liquid/JJ's on a monday, Gatecrasher on a tuesday, S.U on a wednesday, and Oceana on a Thursday then home on a Friday giving yourself the weekend to recover)

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Drink something with caffeine in. The only reason I'm still up at this hour is because I've had so much today.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.