Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w62gs...layer_embedded

Talk about over the top, emotional blackmail government propaganda?

What a load of ********.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I hate adverts like that. If it's aimed at adults, don't treat people like they're idiots.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a good advert, makes people think!

ReputationRep:
    0.44 seconds LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nynyflower)
    I think that's a good advert, makes people think!
    ********. Its just typical, cheap as goverment ad. Full of scaremongering and no real facts.

How can you support **** like this?

ReputationRep:
    What a rubbish bed time story. People will publish anything these days.

Edit: Oops, accidental quotation.

They wonder why they are in debt and they make **** like this.

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely no point in Britain "Acting on C02" - even if we bring our carbon emissions to Zero it wont matter as long as China,India and America keep at it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As I understand it, it isn't happening faster than predictions - in fact, the earth seems to have been cooling for the past decade. Not that I am a global warming denier, I just question the significance of making a slight change in something which naturally changes massively over time.

Either way, yes, it's obnoxious. At least you Sassenachs don't get the multiple-times-worse Scottish Executive adverts constantly bombarding you. Now they're patronising, parochial and obnoxious - all rolled into one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Avenger)
    There's absolutely no point in Britain "Acting on C02" - even if we bring our carbon emissions to Zero it wont matter as long as China,India and America keep at it :rolleyes:
    Exactly.

Why should we be bullied and pushed into paying a higher "green tax" whilst, like you say, china and America just tip the balance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Avenger)
    So we should do nothing then? Not even try to set an example to the rest of the world...then how can we ever say anything to them if we are just as bad as them?

Nothing would ever get done if everyone had that attitude!

ReputationRep:
    These ads make me leave the light on.

ReputationRep:
    yeah there's no point being so patronising..

Either do one of the following adverts...

1) A loads of photos of recent floods due to river and sea level rises. Maybe throw in a few of the English ones(though their hardly as bad), then some mock future one's based on those predictions that areas of England will be submerged. Then some tough looking guy saying "you see this ****! Turn off the central heating and but on a bloody jumper!"

2) Same as above but the guy continues "Yeah so cut down your emissions!......oh ffs what's the point. The Earth has periodic warm and ice ages, we left behind an ice age over 10k years ago, we're still warming, the ice caps will melt anyway, maybe we're speeding it up but it's going to happen. After a few thousand years of tropical temperatures the Earth will slowly cool until it gets very cold. By the time the Earth warms significantly(I'm talking hundreds of not a thousand years, not just 1 or 2 degrees here, I mean 8-10c) we'll have moved on from fossil fuels since their wont be any left. Thus we'll not interfere with the earth going through it's next cooling phase, if anything our paranoia about the Earths climate changes will cause us to actively seek ways of stimulating global cooling(trapping CO2 in the atmosphere in water and such), then we'll go overboard and have the "global ice age!" scare and desperately find carbon to burn. ....the end."

ReputationRep:
    They should show that to the Chinese and American delegates at Copenhagen.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It would have been a good advert...playing on peoples emotions makes them act upon thoughts and the tone was kept fairly serious as opposed to cheesy (although that is debatable)...which is difficult with that sort of advertisment...the music was nice, the setting and characters were well chosen and presented...unfortunately then there was the point that it was trying to make...unfortunately for that kid the answer is no...there is no happy ending the view expressed was very narrow, the action deemd necessary to solve the problem was insubstancial...and when it came down to it, it was a wonderfully perfect example of propaganda...that my friends is the recipe for brainwashing a nation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    If you dont understand fattys, you and your mum must have a really hard time communicating with each other..

Still, someone as stupid as you must experience that "omg i failed" feeling a lot...

i would have that you'd be used to it by now..
    Razor sharp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I could not give a monkeys. I don't have kids, will never have kids and if you think I am changing my life style in any way shape or form you can **** right off.

ReputationRep:
    i think it's a good ad, and it's true this is the s*** our generation and future ones will have to put up with...and it seems the majority of our generation doesn't care (judging by these posts)..hence the reason the government has to make ads like this

ReputationRep:
    lol, I'll turn the stand-by light of my TV and save the planet then, when I can be. . .arsed.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mackeroo)
    i think it's a good ad, and it's true this is the s*** our generation and future ones will have to put up with...and it seems the majority of our generation doesn't care (judging by these posts)..hence the reason the government has to make ads like this
    I do care...which is why although in theory I thought this was a good advertisment underneath you can see the government does not...token gestures like turning off lights are not going to yield the results that are necessary...unfortunately this is one of those topics where the apathetic and the sympathetic are doing about as much good as each other...and the portion of our population who are active in the issue are either doing more harm than good or not getting anywhere fast in making a tiny difference, but it's a great political statement to make...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.