The Student Room Group

Girlfriends friend

Me and my girlfriend broke up for two days because of a massive drunk argument which resulted from absolutely nothing. I wanted her back and went round hers.

She had started a new job within those two days and told me there was a boy at her workplace who she thought fancied her. He sneaked her food etc and was a really nice guy. She told me she fancied him when she first saw him but found out he was younger and just saw him as a little boy.

We got back toghether the same night and have been happy since. She's continued working at her workplace and become good friends with this guy. She told me she was going to go out with him for a coffee or to the pub (he doesn't drink though) alone. She told me she doesn't think he fancies her and that he might have been trying to hook her up with his best mate.

She's going out with him tonight maybe and I can't help but feel a bit jealous. I obviously don't want to act insecure but I keep having thoughts of him trying it on with her. I've spoken to her about it and she's reassured me hes a nice guy...but I still feel a bit weird about the whole thing.

Any advice on how to feel less insecure about the whole thing? I'm going to my girl-mates tommorow from my course at university to do work (seriously) and she's fine with it.
Reply 1
It's all about the trust my friend. She's probably testing you in some strange, female control experiment.
Reply 2
Say BE COOL BITCH!
Reply 3
Obviously you're gunna be a bit jealous. I wouldn't be okay with that at all to be honest. She's going for COFFEE, with a guy she told you she fancies...
Can you not sense something very unhealthy happening there?
Reply 4
maxfire
Obviously you're gunna be a bit jealous. I wouldn't be okay with that at all to be honest. She's going for COFFEE, with a guy she told you she fancies...
Can you not sense something very unhealthy happening there?

Yeah but we were broken up at the time and I THINK she was trying to make me feel jealous. She's since told me she doesn't fancy him and he's just a really nice genuine lad.

I'm allright with it and I don't really want to rule her life, I know she doesn't have many friends at university and wants to make some new ones.
from a womens point off view i think she is playing you mate and she can probally see its hurting you sorry its a lil harsh but you have to see sense and break the relationship but first talk to her tell her how you feel
Reply 6
Hmm...I really don't want to break up with her. We're madly in love and been through a lot toghether. She doesn't have the kind of personality to have an affair or something. I'm not a jealous guy and I just want to be fine with her making new friends (boys or girls) because I know I would want the same thing.

She's going to go with him tonight...and I'm probably going to meet him on Thursday because I'm picking her up from work...so I can assess the situation there (see how he acts towards her etc). I just want to get through tommorow without thinking about her being alone with a guy at a cafe.
Reply 7
Anonymous
Yeah but we were broken up at the time and I THINK she was trying to make me feel jealous. She's since told me she doesn't fancy him and he's just a really nice genuine lad.

I'm allright with it and I don't really want to rule her life, I know she doesn't have many friends at university and wants to make some new ones.

Hmm, I spose...
I'm just saying I wouldn't be okay with it, but if you think it's cool then fine. :smile:
right ok but don't let show him you are worried about it cos he might use it to his advantage
Reply 9

Seriously though, just communicate with her about it. I'm sure she'll reassure you. And it sounds to me like you have nothing to worry about. :smile:
"She told me she fancied him when she first saw him but found out he was younger and just saw him as a little boy"
Not the kind of girl I'd want to be with tbh
Reply 11
Drop it like it's hot ... - in all seriousness, If you've even had this convo, I'd forget the relationship and move on.
She was trying to wind you up and make you jealous with the mentions of that guy at work, your best off acting like you dont give a crap and that your cool and not jealous at all which will wind her up and even it out.
Aw!

*stomach crunches*

Latest

Trending

Trending