Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hallo!!! i'm in a devastating state with my A levels new government and politics syllabus from edexcel and my exam is in january...... any bright ideas fellas???

"Bright ideas"? What do you mean? Is there something particular you're struggling with??

ReputationRep:
    i am dyeing in tense!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    "Bright ideas"? What do you mean? Is there something particular you're struggling with??
    yes!!! i am really having problem with the new syllabus and having tough time to memorize all the required notes i need to obtain a awesome grade!!! I'm rely petrified

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    and also i'm not getting any good books to study because i'm completely new with this syllabus...

ReputationRep:
    Look, if you're being taught it, just keep digesting the notes. I'm doing the same this year, it's not overly hard.

ReputationRep:
    its all about the examples find some funny ones that your likely to remember! and if you get a question about the executive always use the quote "elective dictatorship" by Lord Hailsham its a winner

ReputationRep:
    Hey, you might find the following books useful:

Edexcel Government and Politics for AS: Success in AS Politics (Paperback) Neil McNaughton

[http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Gove...452557&sr=8-1]

Also, try Phillip Allen Updates.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with that. Do this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essentials-U...5454706&sr=1-9

Written by the head examiner, has specific sections and the intro tells you where to head if you're doing Edexcel. Amazing, but make sure to back your argument up with contemporary 2008-9 examples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alecangeltess)
    Don't bother with that. Do this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essentials-U...5454706&sr=1-9

Written by the head examiner, has specific sections and the intro tells you where to head if you're doing Edexcel. Amazing, but make sure to back your argument up with contemporary 2008-9 examples
    I never heard of that one. I suppose it's quite good? What's it like compared to the one I mentioned?

Sorry for all the questions. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Damn good. Seriously, best out there.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, I think I shall be buying this book.

ReputationRep:
    thanks buddies ...books are really awesome but a bit a BiT of confusing ... but i do found one book that really helped.... thanks Neelam and so as thanks to all of u guys..

ReputationRep:
    what's the quickest way to memorise??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 14, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.