Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im worried as i am predicted CCC and the universitys i want to go to want BBB minimum, and know i wil do better than BBB, at the end of the year, can i not still appy to the university i want even though they want BBB and im predicted CCC, could they give me an conditional offer or will they reject straight away.

ReputationRep:
    you can always take a gap year and apply then when you have better grades, but you might aswell apply now just in case you get any offers

ReputationRep:
    You can apply although there isn't a huge chance of you getting an offer unless you have valid reasons for not getting higher grades. CCC is quite a bit less than BBB.

What are your actual AS grades? It would depend on those too.

You can always beg your tutors to predict you a higher grade. Convince them you'll work hard and that you need them to predict you a higher grade.

ReputationRep:
    Get your teachers to up your predicted grades? Or put in your personal statement that you definitely believe you can achieve BBB. Either that, or take a gap year, and redo them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkinnyKat)
    You can apply although there isn't a huge chance of you getting an offer unless you have valid reasons for not getting higher grades. CCC is quite a bit less than BBB.

What are your actual AS grades? It would depend on those too.

You can always beg your tutors to predict you a higher grade. Convince them you'll work hard and that you need them to predict you a higher grade.
    Thanks alot for the advice...but do i put it on my personal statement that, due to personal problems i did not do aswell as expected last year, However i am resitting the exams and i am expected to do very well this time around...and the exams i am ressittin i have put as pending on my UCAS application form till i resit them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Or put in your personal statement that you definitely believe you can achieve BBB.
    :lolwut: That'll be the first time I'm hearing this.

ReputationRep:
    Get your teachers to up your predicted grades? Or put in your personal statement that you definitely believe you can achieve BBB. Either that, or take a gap year, and redo them...
    Thanks ...Im resittin the papers I did not do sowell in last year in january...Can i put that in my personal statement that i believe i will achieve BBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temi08)
    Thanks ...Im resittin the papers I did not do sowell in last year in january...Can i put that in my personal statement that i believe i will achieve BBB.
    Yep, you can put whatever you want in your PS. That's what it's for, to sell yourself to the Unis, and make them see your potential

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    :lolwut: That'll be the first time I'm hearing this.
    Is something the matter?

ReputationRep:
    Is something the matter?
    Well....saying that you can get BBB. I'm not saying you can't but I've never seen/heard such a thing before.
    Perhaps its better, however, to get that line into the Tutor reference?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you can put whatever you want in your PS. That's what it's for, to sell yourself to the Unis, and make them see your potential
    Ok cool thanks lot i think im gonna do that. Thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    Well....saying that you can get BBB. I'm not saying you can't but I've never seen/heard such a thing before.
    Perhaps its better, however, to get that line into the Tutor reference?
    Well it shows confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temi08)
    Im worried as i am predicted CCC and the universitys i want to go to want BBB minimum, and know i wil do better than BBB, at the end of the year, can i not still appy to the university i want even though they want BBB and im predicted CCC, could they give me an conditional offer or will they reject straight away.

this is the exact same dilemma im facing- but for the jan exams i got ABB bt dropped to a disappointing CCC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloatingonaCloud)
    this is the exact same dilemma im facing- but for the jan exams i got ABB bt dropped to a disappointing CCC
    U got ABB and you are predicted CCC? :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloatingonaCloud)
    im sure you can pull them up if you try this time round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    U got ABB and you are predicted CCC? :shock:
    No. OP got ABB in the January modules but got CCC overall; which means she must have not done well in June (example: CCD). Thus CCC overall.

ReputationRep:
    No. OP got ABB in the January modules but got CCC overall; which means she must have not done well in June (example: CCD). Thus CCC overall.
    Oh ok thanks for clearing that up

ReputationRep:
    I got BBCD for AS
    dropped the B one cuz its film studies...
    so im workin with BCD, and my predictions are BCC
    u think i could get an offer for BBB for aerospace engineering? the B was in physics, very close to an A, and the D was in maths, but this was because i got BCU in the unit exams, so im retaking the U one obviously (i only need an E in it to get a C overall), and retaking a unit in economics which i got a C overall in.
    ive put in my personal statement im retaking these units. i could maaaaaaaaaybe also get the B predicted to an A

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.