Turn on thread page Beta

The Big 'I have to study a lot today but don't want to' Topic watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who has to do a lot of work today/this week, you can complain here. In fact, if you have a lot of work now, you shouldn't be reading this, so maybe I'm the only one and should get off my computer as soon as possible wasting my time on TSR. But maybe some of you feel the same way now, so posts your complaints here and maybe the other members will cheer you up:woo:

I have 15 relative small assignments I have to do and study for tomorrow. But 15 small assignments are still a LOT when you have to do them all. I started at 7 am already, and I'm at number 6 now. This is gonna be a loooooooooooooonggggggggg day

ReputationRep:
    Me! Me! I have a paper due in for 1st November (which is my birthday). Obviously this isn't for a while - BUT on Monday I'm going away for a week, AND I will also be giving an oral presentation on it which I will also need to prepare. So this week I really need to write the paper. But I've done virtually no preparation.

I told myself I'd be different at MA level, but it's just not happening

ReputationRep:
    I have a test in 2.5 hrs and out of the whole morning I could have been studying, I now only have 1 hour to learn a whole module...bad habits =/

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of work. The problem is though is that my chemistry teacher also happens to be asisstant head and he has a lot of commitments too. So whenever I do need help he is either on duty or in a meeting.

And then there are times when I don't have time to see him because I have my own commitments as well.. Therefore I'm really behind. But as if that weren't enough, he also gives us pretty old sheets of homework that we end up not completing because it's from a very outdated specification. Yay me I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'm meant to be doing some reading before my tutorial at 1.

Not happening at the moment. Top Gear and tea is more interesting

ReputationRep:
    I should be working on my presentation for Friday but I have woken up with a horrible sore throat that is just making me want to curl up and sleep some more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InquilabZindabad)
    I have a test in 2.5 hrs and out of the whole morning I could have been studying, I now only have 1 hour to learn a whole module...bad habits =/
    That's really a bad habit haha. Only 1 hour and still on TSR :p:
    Good luck with the test!

Me! Me! I have a paper due in for 1st November (which is my birthday). Obviously this isn't for a while - BUT on Monday I'm going away for a week, AND I will also be giving an oral presentation on it which I will also need to prepare. So this week I really need to write the paper. But I've done virtually no preparation.

I told myself I'd be different at MA level, but it's just not happening
    Oral presentations suck. It takes a lot preparation because you don't want to forget something during the presentation. Well, you still have a week for it, so with some red bull, it'll work out
    You going on vacation next week?

Assignment 7 now, 8 to go

ReputationRep:
    I should really be doing some reading, but I've got one lecture and one seminar over the space of three days, so I've got plenty of time

ReputationRep:
    oh boo hoo i have a sore throat i didnt think id actually have to study at uni

ReputationRep:
    I have some preparation for a public law tutorial but public law bores the hell out of me so I'm ignoring it.

ReputationRep:
    I have analysis homework & I missed this mornings quantum physics lecture I have a really bad habit of sleeping through **** - that's the second now!

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. I have to read the whole of The Picture of Dorian Gray and finish an essay on The History Boys for tomorrow. Serious library time I feel.

ReputationRep:
    I have to:
    - read the rest of La Place and go over the stuff from the lecture by Thursday
    - do a good few sections of Italian language ASAP
    - read tons of Ecrire and learn vocab and come up with a load of ideas for how to answer an essay q by Monday
    - catch up on the stuff I missed yesterday cos of a doctor's appt, and do the prep for that seminar for next week...also Monday

I should get started, haha. Shame I'm ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    an essay on The History Boys
    whhaaa? jealous.

I have 7500 words due in the next four or five weeks, as well as about five novels to read. The novels bit is my fault though really, could have read them all over summer. blurgh.

ReputationRep:
    Meeeee...lots of notes to catch up on, but I feel ill for some reason I must soldier on though!

ReputationRep:
    I at home with the mumps....so I have about 2 weeks of work in 5 AS levels to catch up on.....I just don't want to....even though I will have to eventually when I get bored of TSR..*Shocked faces stare*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Meeeee...lots of notes to catch up on, but I feel ill for some reason I must soldier on though!

How was Pol soc? :ahee:

And OP; omg, I'm so behind with one of my modules, and the reading is so absolutely awful I keep putting it off. I have a massive book on Statute law to make notes on... :zomg:

I barely understand the constitution. Argh!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a huge amount of work, I just want to be back in bed curled up with a hot water bottle and a lot of paracetamol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackDaniels^)
    I have 15 relative small assignments I have to do and study for tomorrow. But 15 small assignments are still a LOT when you have to do them all. I started at 7 am already, and I'm at number 6 now. This is gonna be a loooooooooooooonggggggggg day
    I have 1 relatively big dissertation I should be starting :woo:

Plus 23 000 words of coursework.

ReputationRep:
    Me

I should be reading, as well as doing research for my dissertation. Just can't be bothered....catching up on Corrie is SO much more appealing right now

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.