Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a bit of fun…. Was wondering if there is something you have heard or seen in an advert that just made you think WTF? Or made you think what a stupid thing to say!

For me it has to be…..

Injury Lawyers for you; where REAL lawyers, 100% lawyers – well there hardly going to be talking dolls!

Dannone/Activia: active-biffidus-regularus – Just what the hell is that!

ReputationRep:
    “Tony! How are things?

Let’s have an impossibly stilted exchange about what’s happened in the three years since we did our generic ‘work’ at ‘The Site’.

I’ve being doing ‘a course’ and got ‘my certificate’; yes, earning AND learning.

Look at my smug van and tidy beard. Hark as I drop not a single aitch whilst whining my way through a script that makes Elton Johns hair look natural.

I’m better than you now Tony; you’re ****, and I’m ace.

Ha ha! Your life is ashes, YOUR LIFE IS ASHES…”

ReputationRep:
    Green Army!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    “Tony! How are things?

Let’s have an impossibly stilted exchange about what’s happened in the three years since we did our generic ‘work’ at ‘The Site’.

I’ve being doing ‘a course’ and got ‘my certificate’; yes, earning AND learning.

Look at my smug van and tidy beard. Hark as I drop not a single aitch whilst whining my way through a script that makes Elton Johns hair look natural.

I’m better than you now Tony; you’re ****, and I’m ace.

Ha ha! Your life is ashes, YOUR LIFE IS ASHES…”
    I love TV's worst adverts too , are you silky?

ReputationRep:
    "I'm going to do a poo at Paul's house"

"If I don't like it, I won't eat it!" (from that vitamin advert, makes me sooo angry!)

"Injury:when you get hurt by something or someone else"-duhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    The current BT one where the guy goes half the world is online! So get BT its even faster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    I love TV's worst adverts too , are you silky?
    Nah, I just spend far too much of my life watching crap adverts and commenting on them

I didn't realise I was going to have copyright lawyers on my case for copying and pasting though :woo:

"Must be three YEARS since we worked on the site!" - Gah, it makes me want to kill again. I don't think the Skills centre even exosts anymore after that travesty of an advert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    "I'm going to do a poo at Paul's house"

"If I don't like it, I won't eat it!" (from that vitamin advert, makes me sooo angry!)

"Injury:when you get hurt by something or someone else"-duhhhhh
    lol that advert really gets on my nerves its so stupid!

ReputationRep:
    It has to be make up brands advertising their fantastic mascara and then in tiny print at the bottom of the screen it says 'filmed with false lashes' :mad: The mascara can't be that great then!

That beauty product with the active ingredient "boswelox".

"How much do you think they paid for him?"

"Don't worry, he's only a tenor."

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    That toothbrush advert saying "get that dentist clean feeling" then at the bottom a disclaimer reading: "does not provide professional results"

Oh yeah, also the Fosters advert.

Get some Australian into you.

Then at the end it says,

Brewed in the EU

:facepalm: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Any advert with two women talking about a beauty product/Danone Activia, when their conversation is supposed to look "natural" but NO WOMEN ACTUALLY TALK LIKE THAT TO EACH OTHER

ReputationRep:
    The one stating the benefits of 'bifidus acti-regularis' on your dijestive system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    That toothbrush advert saying "get that dentist clean feeling" then at the bottom a disclaimer reading: "does not provide professional results"
    I agree with you 100% this ad is annoying, they obviosly made it then the ASA told them they have to add "does not provide professional results" to the end and they thought knowone would notice!

It gets right on my nervs though how they drag the advert out for so long then at the end say "does not provide professional results" - well WTF? is that not what the whole product consept and advert is based on :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razorbladekisses)
    It has to be make up brands advertising their fantastic mascara and then in tiny print at the bottom of the screen it says 'filmed with false lashes' :mad: The mascara can't be that great then!
    Yes, this makes me cross too.

Perfume ads really annoy me as well. They're so pretensious. I want to shout "WHAT DOES IT ******* SMELL LIKE!" at the screen everytime they come on.

As for the most stupid thing I've seen in an advert, it has to be the Oasis drink ad "rubberduckzilla" what the..? It's funny but it is utterly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Any advert with two women talking about a beauty product/Danone Activia, when their conversation is supposed to look "natural" but NO WOMEN ACTUALLY TALK LIKE THAT TO EACH OTHER
    I agree, have you seen the activia advert on ITV 3? its shown about 300 times a day where she goes "note to self; must take advice from decidedly more confident friend and try activia" it really is cringeworthy if not for trying to imply this is how normal people act then for the clear epic failed rip off of Bridget Jone's Diary.

I fell like shouting at the telly "Note To self; stop making notes to self in 3rd person before i'm locked up!"

ReputationRep:
    With the money I saved we could have bought ditmarvannostrilboy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunarsea)

Perfume ads really annoy me as well. They're so pretensious. I want to shout "WHAT DOES IT ******* SMELL LIKE!" at the screen everytime they come on.

:awesome:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.