Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I hope someone can help. I would like to get into engineering (not sure what area, probably not civil) but find physics hard. am taking it at as but want to drop at a2. Does anyone know of any courses or universities that will accept me with just as physics?

ReputationRep:
    what are you taking in alevel?

ReputationRep:
    I think if you find physics hard you will find engineering hard.

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical Engineering, Kings will take anyone with AAB including maths.

ReputationRep:
    The stuff you are learning in A2 physics will be the basis of your engineering degree. I would seriously consider sticking with it. If you want to be an engineer, you will have to learn it eventually.

If you are struggling with it, try seeking help rather than dropping it

ReputationRep:
    Marine Engineering, you get taught physics properly at a maritime academy, get paid to do so and have no tuition fees.

I know I keep saying this, but I am amazed that no one takes this up as a career. I mean you get a degree for nothing and get paid a salary to study.

www.oceanopportunities.co.uk

You have to have a basic understanding of physics and maths though, like most things in engineering. But I came to study Engineering with A levels in:-

Geography
    History
    Business Studies
    Computer Science

No physics or maths or other atypical engineering subjects, this is a good route, honest!

ReputationRep:
    I can't really vouge for anything since i'm only 2 and a half weeks into my Civil Engineering course at Swansea.. i'd really recommend pursuing physics to A2 as a fourth A-level. I don't think it would hurt with say an AABC prediction for example?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 14, 2009

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.