Turn on thread page Beta

PGCE Secondary English at King's College watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied and/or been accepted to this program? It's my first choice, and I'm currently waiting for a reply.

How long does it take to hear back from the KCL? What's the interview there like? What was your application like?

My degree is from the States, so I covered a variety of material in literature, creative writing and linguistics, as well as art and drama. I have various experience with children of a wide age range, from coaching to tutoring to junior achievement. I've also worked as an au pair.

I'm just really nervous, so any feedback/advice will be much appreciated.

Best of luck to all those applying to a PGCE course.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who might be curious, I received the following answer in regards to the interview for this course on another forum:

Hi there, I went to Kings a few years ago and the interview was fine. A group of us did a reading comprehension style exercise that wasn't too tough, although I can't exactly remember what it involved (perhaps a summary) then it was an individual interview. I think as long as you are enthusiastic about teaching your subject, committed and let that come across you'll be fine. They're big on assessment for learning at Kings, so you might want to buff up on that if you're interested. Also, have a question or two for them about the course. Good luck! Tom

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for the same course, but only submitted my application a few days ago. I think they probably take their time and I'm so impatient already! :eek3:

Have you had any response yet?

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betheliza)
    I'm applying for the same course, but only submitted my application a few days ago. I think they probably take their time and I'm so impatient already! :eek3:

Have you had any response yet?

Best of luck.
    I heard back in exactly 2 weeks (around the 16th Oct). I have an interview on the 10th December. Hopefully you'll get an interview.

I'm on several forums and you're the first person I know of who has applied to this course as their first choice. There has to be more out there.

Anyway, hope you get an interview. If so, we might be at the same one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1tsun3)
    I heard back in exactly 2 weeks (around the 16th Oct). I have an interview on the 10th December. Hopefully you'll get an interview.

I'm on several forums and you're the first person I know of who has applied to this course as their first choice. There has to be more out there.

Anyway, hope you get an interview. If so, we might be at the same one.

Also, I was notified via email. every correspondence has been via email with KCL.

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Thanks for the advice. It's nice to hear from other people.

I'll let you know what happens with my application.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be applying to king's as first choice but for maths. I've only completed the my application a couple of days ago and i'm waiting for my tutor to give me a reference.

ReputationRep:
    I just received a conditional offer from KCL for PGCE English! All I have to do is forward them my GCSE equivalent! YAY!

Has anyone else heard about interviews an places? Best of luck!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.