My subject sucks ASS - FORCED to self teach Watch

pina.Love
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok basically I do a really ****** a level. My teacher sucked, and seemed to be clinically depressed all the time or was from the loony bin. As she was always annoyed and never taught my class.

Anyway I am retaking this subject in Jan, I practically have to self teach myself I looked at the exam bored for any books they suggest there was only one and the book is full of ****. I do not know what else to do I downloaded the specification but I do not know how or where I am going to learn it if there is no textbooks.

I asked on TSR a number of times no one seems to do this subject.

What should I do? I only need to get a B on this module to get a decent grade.
Lauren__x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What subject is it and which exam board?
pina.Love
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lauren__x)
What subject is it and which exam board?
Textiles AQA
pina.Love
Rep:
?
any suggestions?
I will keep spamming my thread till I get answers lol
Lauren__x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I dont know anything about textiles lol, sorry. It must be really hard to teach yourself it though. Is it AS or A2? New or old spec?
pina.Love
Rep:
?
I dont know anything about textiles lol, sorry. It must be really hard to teach yourself it though. Is it AS or A2? New or old spec?
I am retaking the A2 on the old specification. Grr lol
Lauren__x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah mann, isnt there another textiles teacher you could go get advice/textbooks from?
pina.Love
Rep:
?
Ah mann, isnt there another textiles teacher you could go get advice/textbooks from?
She is the only textiles teacher at my college
I don't want to screw it up because I got an A on my coursework and to get at least a C overall I need to get a B for the theory paper.
pina.Love
Rep:
?
Anyone help?!
Jinxy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pina.Love)
Anyone help?!
Ask your teacher for help/email her first.

If its the old specification there will be a lot of past papers and things online. There should be other books and resources. Try typing your exams unit code into Amazon to find a book or the topic and exam board. If that fails try typing it into google. If that fails then you need to get a general book, not made by the exam board and use that to study your topics. Make use of the past papers and literally read everything there is on the AQA website about your paper.
pina.Love
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jinxy)
Ask your teacher for help/email her first.

If its the old specification there will be a lot of past papers and things online. There should be other books and resources. Try typing your exams unit code into Amazon to find a book or the topic and exam board. If that fails try typing it into google. If that fails then you need to get a general book, not made by the exam board and use that to study your topics. Make use of the past papers and literally read everything there is on the AQA website about your paper.
As I said my teacher is crazy so emailing her is waste of time, I also think she severly dislikes me.
Most of the content on the website is gone all that is left is the past papers and the specification. They did mention one textbook that I already have, but it does not cover the entire syllabus. So i need to find other resources.
how do I find the exam unit code?
Jinxy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pina.Love)
As I said my teacher is crazy so emailing her is waste of time, I also think she severly dislikes me.
Most of the content on the website is gone all that is left is the past papers and the specification. They did mention one textbook that I already have, but it does not cover the entire syllabus. So i need to find other resources.
how do I find the exam unit code?
exam unit code is the code next to your results on your result sheet.
e.g 6RS01 is my unit one religious studies exam edexcel.

your code will obv be different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (22)
41.51%
Pro-humanity (31)
58.49%