The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Doesn't bother me.
FiveFiveSix

There are far, far better ways to catch terrorists and protect citizens than to infringe on their privacy.

Care to suggest some then?:biggrin:
It'd be hilarious to go through with a massive boner. Think of the confusion in the control room.
The Referee
I'd also advise you to take another look at the scans...they're not exactly featureless...or at least not my definition of featureless!

A greyscale image showing a brief outline of your anatomy which is pretty much unidentifiable? It's no worse than having your photograph taken for your passport, or going for an x-ray or ultrasound.

n00
Getting naked for a doctor is a prerequisite for them to check your health

For your doctor maybe but not mine.

n00
getting naked is not a prerequisite for getting on a plane

It is if they decide to do a full body search. A 'body scan' is a much quicker and less intrusive option.
Reply 84
It's optional. Therefore I don't really care.

This whole privacy thing is somewhat of a joke. What the hell does it really matter? The main reason people wore clothes in the first place was for warmth. It's just over time that has changed. Even if I'm uncomfortable with the idea, it's certainly odd that we're so offended by nudity.
Reply 85
so people would prefer taking clothes off and being touched up?
meh it's not like you make out who it is, and they've already said the ones analysing the scans won't know who the scan belongs to. If they see a gun or a bomb they press a button in their room which alerts security, who haven't seen you "naked".

I really don't see the problem, you get all sorts of full body scans at the doctors, I'd rather a scan of me(which is mono-chrome and doesn't show detail of my face so people can't make out it's me) was done, looked at by someone who doesn't know what I actually look like, then deleted if there's nothing suspicious, then being the unlucky sod who gets on the plane with a guy with a bomb in his boxers tbh.:biggrin:
Adonis
so people would prefer taking clothes off and being touched up?

yeah, the girls secretly want a sexy female security guard to take them into another room and touch up their breasts and crotch.:wink: But shhh they pretend to be annoyed about it. Having this faceless scan would ruin the fun.
Reply 88
ch0c0h01ic

Depends on your health issues really doesn't it

ch0c0h01ic
It is if they decide to do a full body search. A 'body scan' is a much quicker and less intrusive option.

I'm sure they wont do away with full body searches
n00
I'm sure they wont do away with full body searches

It depends on how accurate and/or successful it is - maybe it will, maybe it won't, who are we to decide?
well Id rather be seen naked than get blown up by muslims.
ch0c0h01ic
A greyscale image showing a brief outline of your anatomy which is pretty much unidentifiable? It's no worse than having your photograph taken for your passport, or going for an x-ray or ultrasound.

A passport photograph shows my face, not the outline of my boobs ans any intimate piercings I may have. X-rays/ultrasounds are only normally done as a medical necessity...if you don't want to be sick you have to deal.

Degree of nudeness depends on what you're being examined for!

So use it instead of a strip search if they have cause to think you're carrying something - mass humiliation of all travellers is unnecessary!
Reply 92
Sunofnight
well Id rather be seen naked than get blown up by muslims.

Who wouldnt? But being seen naked doesn't stop them blowing you up.
Reply 93
Joseph90
Absolutely not! What is this country coming to! This is disgusting, a real invasion of our last privacies (BBC Have your say)

The naked images aren't exactly going to turn anyone on are they? They're scans and not photos. Do doctors get turned on when doing X-Rays?

Do skeletons ever turn you on :tongue:

I'm with you though, I think it's a good idea if it saves time and makes air travel safer :dontknow:. As the person looking at the scans the novelty might have worn off after the first day:rolleyes:
Reply 94
The Referee
A passport photograph shows my face, not the outline of my boobs ans any intimate piercings I may have. X-rays/ultrasounds are only normally done as a medical necessity...if you don't want to be sick you have to deal.

If you want to fly you have to deal :smile:

They're giving the option of a pat down anyway.
Reply 95
bj_945
Do skeletons ever turn you on :tongue:

I'm with you though, I think it's a good idea if it saves time and makes air travel safer :dontknow:. As the person looking at the scans the novelty might have worn off after the first day:rolleyes:

How is it making it any safer?
pina.Love
Care to suggest some then?:biggrin:

Not on a public forum, chum. :rolleyes:
FiveFiveSix
Not on a public forum, chum. :rolleyes:

Why not? isit a real high security idea? :lol:
bj_945
If you want to fly you have to deal :smile:

They're giving the option of a pat down anyway.

How long before they make it compulsory? Accept being essentially strip searched, allow some random person to perv or you can't leave the country by plane...what kind of country are we living in?
pina.Love
Why not? isit a real high security idea? :lol:

Do one, clown.

Latest

Trending

Trending