Turn on thread page Beta

How am I expected to get decent grades without text books? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am now in A2 maths without a textbook and am also without a book in As geography! This was the same last year for As maths and chemistry. What can I do about this? Apparently they are on order and my parents have complained, but its just no good I am still without them.:eek3:
    Is anyone else having the same trouble with their schools or is it just my school is terrible?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a library? Buy second hand copies? Use online info?

ReputationRep:
    If you keep thinking like this then I suggest you forget about university. Use the internet you n0b.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    Go to a library? Buy second hand copies? Use online info?
    Thanks, tried the first 2 but no luck, 3rd option complicated.
    really only venting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GLOBAL)
    If you keep thinking like this then I suggest you forget about university. Use the internet you n0b.
    Oh thanks! Why didn't I think of that??? Goodness what it must be like to be so clever.
    I take it you are from a school that provides every resource needed, never cancels 3 lessons per week (on average) and has teachers who actually help you?
    As to the internet I have tried but since in my house there are 9 people to one computer, 3 doing exams, my time online is limited and finding the info i need is not that easy!
    Don't tell me to forget uni, who do you think you are?
    Like I say I was only venting really anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Venting is good for the soul

If you post what exam boards and syllabi you are doing then perhaps people would be able to help you with notes or website suggestions? Mine are OCR if that helps

ReputationRep:
    Complicated? Ask for the ISBN number in school and plug it into Amazon - if you're struggling finding the right book.

ReputationRep:
    lol, my school is the same, except they actually can't afford textbooks...so instead we have to buy them or go to the library and borrow one and remember to renew it every 2 weeks

Go on Amazon and find the books, they'll cost you roughly £10-15 each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saminator)
    Oh thanks! Why didn't I think of that??? Goodness what it must be like to be so clever.
    I take it you are from a school that provides every resource needed, never cancels 3 lessons per week (on average) and has teachers who actually help you?
    As to the internet I have tried but since in my house there are 9 people to one computer, 3 doing exams, my time online is limited and finding the info i need is not that easy!
    No, firstly I'm in university. Secondly I was in the worst school ever, I had to run the whole years after my teachers in a-level and you are crying like a byatch.

All I'm saying is don't depend on others because nobody will care whether you get the book or not. So help yourself, go to the library or buy it from amazon [I'm sure your dad can give you some money for the books if you are broke?].

ReputationRep:
    I am now in A2 maths without a textbook and am also without a book in As geography! This was the same last year for As maths and chemistry. What can I do about this? Apparently they are on order and my parents have complained, but its just no good I am still without them.:eek3:
    Is anyone else having the same trouble with their schools or is it just my school is terrible?

Buy them yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewBBW)
    Buy them yourself?
    W/e!!!:stupid:

ReputationRep:
    Loads of sixth forms don't supply textbooks. Just buy your own, I had to and my sixth form is really good.

ReputationRep:
    OMG Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Disaster of the year! Go buy them yourself

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.