Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Are any of you guys doing the A2 Cold War paper on monday?! It's the OCR one! its the one on the causes and consequences of the cold war. I'm retaking this and I've lost all my notes from when I did it the first time! :mad: so i was just wondering if anyone had any notes or if maybe we could start a discussion? I'm sure we all want a cold war discussion :-) would be really helpful! Thanks :-) x x x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing The Cold War on monday, but my board is Edexcel and it's a source-based paper on.... the origins/"containment or supremacy"/who prolonged the cold war/detente/the end of the Cold War. I'm actually dreading it

ReputationRep:
    aww, yeah, mine's basically on exactly that! maybe im doing edexcel? hehe... i dunno- all these boards confuse me :-( but yeah- its a pretty tough subject! i got a C in january, wanted an A :-S not good! do you have any wise knowledge you can share with me? hehe x x x

ReputationRep:
    lol, I wish I did! I'm hoping that the end of the Cold War will come up - stuff about Gorbachev's reforms and Reagan's arms build up. But the questions are too hard 2 predict! What was your jan one on??

ReputationRep:
    I presume you guys have seen loads of the past papers...
    9/10 its about the Origins and causes of the Cold War because of the higher level of analysis required.
    The liklyhood is some assessment of the causes will be included.
    The most important thing is to use the sources nice and early and really drive the essay using the sources, but i presume u've seen examiners reports?

ReputationRep:
    well you presumed wrong! :-S hehe... im so unprepared! and louinwonderland: cant remember what it was on, sorry :-S but theres one thing i know u need to know and thats historical interpretations (orthodox etc...) but i'm sure u do know that :-) hehe... i remember in january i had to write lots about historical interpretations - but thats all, sorry :-S still not got any notes? hehe... i really need to open some books! :-( but i have 7 other exams next week! :-S x x x

Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.