The Student Room Group

Recommend me non-rock/metal music.

As the title says, I would like to listen to more different kinds of music as I listen to metal and a bit of rock.

I quite like Frou Frou/Imogen Heap and Nine Inch Nails, so maybe that could give you an idea of what I might like. Other than rap, suggest anything from electronic to jazz or hell, even new-wave.

Thanks.

Edit:

Which Massive Attack and Portishead albums d'you reckon would be a good place to start?

Scroll to see replies

How about some folk (/folk rock)? Roy Harper is pretty :awesome:
Sincerity?
Portishead

Dummy.

Try Amanda Palmer from the Dresden Doll's solo album too.
Reply 4
Protection is probably my favourite Massive Attack album. You might like Friendly Fires too.
Reply 5
Roxy Music?
Reply 6
Prince
Apostrophe by Frank Zappa

:coma:
Reply 9
Sincerity?
Massive Attack

Mezzanine- it's got more of a rock sound than the others so probably easiest to get into. Blue Lines is a classic, and would be a good place to start too.
Reply 10
Death Cab For Cutie are worth a listen. Patrick Wolf?
Reply 11
I'm going to recommend Michael Bublé :smile: Not because I particularly think you will like him because I have no idea, but I make it my mission to recommend him to everyone :p:
Deadmau5
anoif_
I'm going to recommend Michael Bublé :smile: Not because I particularly think you will like him because I have no idea, but I make it my mission to recommend him to everyone :p:

Like spreading a disease?
Equilibrium.
Reply 15
Reply 16
Listen to this.
Reply 17
anoif_

I approve. :coma:

Listen to Bon Iver. :h:

Ooh, and The La's, also.
Reply 18
JessicaW

Listen to Bon Iver. :h:

Yes definitely. Listening right now on Spotify to re:stacks (possibly one of my favourite songs)
Reply 19
ramzwj
Yes definitely. Listening right now on Spotify to re:stacks (possibly one of my favourite songs)

That is gooood! I think Skinny Love is still my favourite, though.

Have you heard Justin Vernon's other stuff? From his time in DeYarmond Edison? They're good! And Bon Iver's "Lovin's For Fools" with Sarah Siskind is good, too.

Latest