Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a foreign student from Malaysia currently studying abroad in the UK doing A-levels(A2 year now).

Prior to that I was in,

an an International school in Malaysia ( year 10 + year 11 - IGCSEs)

Currently in an english boarding school for sixth form ( so that's going to be another 2 years ).

IGCSE Grades : A*A*A*AAAAAAC ( IGCSE First Language English being the 'C' )
    AS Grades : AAA(History,Economics,Maths) , predicted : AAA

As most universities require at least a B in IGCSE english, I do not seem to fit that requirement. However, I did do my IELTS exam and achieved an average of 7.5

Writing - 7.0
    Speaking - 8.5
    Reading - 7.5
    Listening - 7.5

I'm applying to places like LSE,Warwick,Bath,Bristol for Accounting & Finance.

Are universities likely filter me out immediately with the C in IGCSE English and not give me a place at all?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by markuz)
    I am a foreign student from Malaysia currently studying abroad in the UK doing A-levels(A2 year now).

Prior to that I was in,

an an International school in Malaysia ( year 10 + year 11 - IGCSEs)

Currently in an english boarding school for sixth form ( so that's going to be another 2 years ).

IGCSE Grades : A*A*A*AAAAAAC ( IGCSE First Language English being the 'C' )
    AS Grades : AAA(History,Economics,Maths) , predicted : AAA

As most universities require at least a B in IGCSE english, I do not seem to fit that requirement. However, I did do my IELTS exam and achieved an average of 7.5

Writing - 7.0
    Speaking - 8.5
    Reading - 7.5
    Listening - 7.5

I'm applying to places like LSE,Warwick,Bath,Bristol for Accounting & Finance.

Are universities likely filter me out immediately with the C in IGCSE English and not give me a place at all?
    No, of course not. Just make sure you enter your IELTS results on your UCAS form so universities will be aware of it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.