Turn on thread page Beta

Would you drop out of university if you won the lottery now? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you drop out of university if you won the lottery now?
    Hell to the yes!
    23.93%
    No
    76.07%

ReputationRep:
    I would in a flash :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not.

ReputationRep:
    £2 million isn't really enough to keep you going for 60 years, considering inflation and that.

ReputationRep:
    No. Only got a year left to do, so would stay til the end. If i was only a first year, then possibly.

ReputationRep:
    If i was in uni, no! Why would it matter? You'd just have an EVEN better time.

ReputationRep:
    no...dunno

ReputationRep:
    Though if it was the Euromillions (as in a £100 million jackpot), I may reconsider.

ReputationRep:
    Well say it was a huuuuuuuuuuuge amount of money. Like, oh say £15 million?

ReputationRep:
    I probably would but then im thinking about dropping out/changing course anyway so having a load of money to go travelling again would make that decision easier

ReputationRep:
    Hell no. I'd stay and buy all the books I need, new designer clothes, new phone, laptop, all the food I can eat and go mad with the spending.

ReputationRep:
    I'd earn more than a lottery ticket thanks.

ReputationRep:
    tbh I would only be really happy if I won one of the multiple rollover jackpots like the ones that reach £90million+

But even then I would probably finish my degree programme.

No chance.

ReputationRep:
    no, I would stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    Though if it was the Euromillions (as in a £100 million jackpot), I may reconsider.
    Euros is the only one worth playing imo
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'd stay! Uni is meant to be the best time of your life, enjoy it whether you have money or not :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm there to learn about History. My end result isn't a job it's an improved knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    No, instead I'll pay off my loans and go rent a swanky apartment near the university while I attend it.

Oh, I forgot winning the lottery entitles a few million squids.

In addition, I'll smuggle some students from India and let them go to university for me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    No, definitely not... not much longer left, so there's no point in wasting over two years of work.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I'm not sure why I'm staying in the first place. I suppose I quite like maths.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.