The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No cos I want an edjoocationnn bruv!
I'd stay, but I'd use the money to pay for a holiday or something, spend it on friends needs. help my friend out with her gap year for example... umm, but I deffo wouldn't drop out!
No.

I'd rather have 2 million and a job to get more money .
Reply 83
No. If I had enough money I would probably spent (a significant part of) the rest of my life at university.
Reply 84
will274
The thing is that I've been surrounded by wealth my whole life, and have come to loathe both the notion of wealth and what it does to people. I just can't see the advantage.

Ah, tiredness made me think "sheltered" meant not well-off, so you didn't have wealth and wouldn't want it.

I've been comfortable all my life, but had to budget and be responsible with money and even more so now I'm at uni, so I can see the benefits perhaps more than you can.
Reply 85
GLOBAL
Oh is that possible? Can you still get student finance loan?

I've had personal problems so have been granted a year off by my uni/head of my course. No, I don't get funding for the year because I hadn't registered at the time of 'quitting' so. Dunno what would have happened if I'd already started receiving my loan.
Reply 86
If it's more than £25mil, then I would seriously consider it, otherwise, no.
Nope. I would buy a house, never get a job, and just do degree after degree after MA, etc, etc. But then I'm a big geek.
Reply 88
Well I'd probably drop out of school in a flash if it was euromillions - eg. £50 million or something, you'd never ever need to work again. But if it was just 1 or 2 million then no, I'd still need a job. I would still want to do my subject, but the temptation to just go on a perma-holiday might be too much!
Reply 89
No i wouldnt. I may be bribing the lecturers to do my dissertation for me though xD
Reply 90
Quite the opposite.

I think I'd use the money to fund a couple of post graduate course as well!!
No way. I love being in Uni!
Reply 92
No. I'd probably end up doing a few more degrees if I won the money...
Reply 93
I'd keep it in the best savings account possible while I complete uni :biggrin:
Reply 94
Jessaay!
Ah, tiredness made me think "sheltered" meant not well-off, so you didn't have wealth and wouldn't want it.

I've been comfortable all my life, but had to budget and be responsible with money and even more so now I'm at uni, so I can see the benefits perhaps more than you can.

& likewise I can see the evils perhaps more than you can.
Reply 95
will274
& likewise I can see the evils perhaps more than you can.

Well of course.

But I imagine it'd be worse to live in poverty than live in comfort, a compromise would be 100,000 to keep.
I'd buy a nice house, and start working since I wouldnt be entitled to my maintenace loan and grants but would try and still attend uni.

When I say a nice house I mean one between £80-£200 thousand which I probably would let out to other students for some cash.
Reply 97
Hell no! If anything, I'd do more degrees, just for the lulz.
miss_p
I would in a flash :yes:

not goin til next year but if it happens *crosses fingers* - i reckon i'd stay on - and not slack off either - take a load of pressure off and you could just enjoy the thing you love to study (which is kind of why i'm going anyway) :smile:

i'm not sure i'd tell anyone about it - thousands of students knocking on your door day and night to buy them stuff - no ta - the only downside i think - i mean i'm not stingy but if student stereotypes are true... - lol :smile:

you've got me thinking it will happen now - lol - i've got a list in my head of the stuff i'd buy :biggrin:
Depends how much.. 1 million, probably not 2million+? Yes

2 million = 600k house, 200k cars, 200k "fun", 1 milion in SAFE investment should bring in about 40k-70k a year..

Latest

Trending

Trending