Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The XP mode in Professional interests me but not sure if it slows down pc as uses more resources or takes up loads of extra HD space.

I am just wanting it to do basic gaming like Counter Strike Source or WOW and play emulators and maybe play some HD DVDs and Blu Rays.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Home Premium would be sufficient.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...oducts/compare

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but Pro is annoying because loads of programs aren't compatible with x64 systems, or they are a lot harder to find

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skribla)
    Yeah but Pro is annoying because loads of programs aren't compatible with x64 systems, or they are a lot harder to find
    Citation needed.

Preferably one from the last two years.

ReputationRep:
    I personally found the Professional a tad better than the Home Premium. However, I am a software coder and do need the extra features of the Pro edition.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by skribla)
    Lot of balls that is, I have not yet come across anything that will not work 64bit OS. You can install 32bit software on a 64bit OS, its drivers that are different, even still not hard to find. There's a program files folder for (x86) and another one presumebly for x64 software.

ReputationRep:
    Home Premium for what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    The XP mode in Professional interests me but not sure if it slows down pc as uses more resources or takes up loads of extra HD space.

I am just wanting it to do basic gaming like Counter Strike Source or WOW and play emulators and maybe play some HD DVDs and Blu Rays.
    If you are using the upgrade offer from Microsoft then they are the same price (or at least they were when I last looked) so go for Pro as it is does everything Premium does, with a few extras (judging by the list of features)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.