Turn on thread page Beta

Interview general questions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've got my interview the day after tomorrow..... what kind of answers can I give if they ask why I applied to a certain college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    I've got my interview the day after tomorrow..... what kind of answers can I give if they ask why I applied to a certain college?
    College being?

ReputationRep:
    kings cam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    kings cam
    Erm the architecture is amazing. It has the highest (I think) proportion of state schoolers. It's one of the largest (which has its advantages, you can work them out). It's right in the middle of the city which is handy. Other than that I can't think of any. That help?

ReputationRep:
    sounds good, gives me a few more options, thanks.... I was going to say something about wanting to join the choir... my other reason was that one or two good friends are there, but I suppose there's not much point mentioning that.

does anyone know if it is close to the Math's dept? I could then say i chose it for the locality...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I read somewhere on the website that the interviewers aren't allowed to ask you questions about your choice of college so asnot to discriminate against those who have made an open application and just been placed there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    I'm sure I read somewhere on the website that the interviewers aren't allowed to ask you questions about your choice of college so asnot to discriminate against those who have made an open application and just been placed there.
    ..they asked me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    ..they asked me
    they ask that to everybody.. "Why Leeds. Why Oxford etc.."
    i think people wud usually talk about the place as ZjuwelH said. And i wud also think that u shud talk about the course too, the way its structured etc. this will show the interviewers that u are keen about the uni and the course and that u really want to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    ..they asked me
    Me too!

They asked me 'so why did you submit an open application?' and i was like ... errrrrrmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    they ask that to everybody.. "Why Leeds. Why Oxford etc.."
    I actually never got asked that! I had all my answers prepared for why I wanted to go to Cambridge, and why Clare, and why Medicine, but never got asked them. At Nottingham I got asked what it was about Nottingham that made it different from the other unis I'd applied to, but nothing at all at Cambridge, though obviously other people have been asked it.

Whatever you do, don't mention the college's finances! Or the relationship between KCSU and the fellow :eek: Stuff like good state school intake, central location, good gender balance, felt like the right place for you etc...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.