The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Im also tired and could do with some kip.
Goodnight all xxxx
TheUnbeliever
I'll be honest, I'm having enough trouble following this conversation, so I think I'll leave you ladies to it. Tired...

Night. :ciao:
xo-Heva
Im also tired and could do with some kip.
Goodnight all xxxx

night. :ciao:
Reply 2783
Ape Gone Insane
One day, you'll be drinking Pepsi or sitting constipated on the toliet (:awesome:) and everything you didn't understand will click. And 2 seconds later, everything makes sense.

Just wait for that eureka moment.

I don't think that anything will click. Ugh, I know I'm going to fail anyway so I may as well just drop it...my confidence is being thrashed about with my other subs as it is.
Buggered up the H Maths nab today :[

Bugger.
Vitamin D

Bugger.

:console: You still get another couple shots at it, though! And do you know you've failed? Otherwise nobody (who matters) gives a damn if you got the pass mark or 100%.

The maths ones are a bit harsh, actually, in the way that you have to pass each topic rather than just some aggregate of the marks for each section. I failed my first NAB at the end of S6 for this reason - I knew all the content up to a point, but had missed lessons thereafter and not had time to learn it, so failed the NAB on the basis of a single question.

On the bright side, though, you only have to resit those topics. :smile:
Reply 2786
Vitamin D

Bugger.

Resits! :yep:
Pepsi: officially better than sex.
TheUnbeliever
:console: You still get another couple shots at it, though! And do you know you've failed? Otherwise nobody (who matters) gives a damn if you got the pass mark or 100%.

The maths ones are a bit harsh, actually, in the way that you have to pass each topic rather than just some aggregate of the marks for each section. I failed my first NAB at the end of S6 for this reason - I knew all the content up to a point, but had missed lessons thereafter and not had time to learn it, so failed the NAB on the basis of a single question.

On the bright side, though, you only have to resit those topics. :smile:

I don't know for sure, but I have a pretty good idea that I did. Gah, it makes me feel so stupid, everyone else's (that had been marked) was like, passing and losing only a few marks. I knew how to do most of them, I just blanked :[ I really don't want to have to resit :/ our teacher only allowed today for them, and if I had to, I'd miss content, and it's hard for me to catch up.
Vitamin D
I'd miss content, and it's hard for me to catch up.

Couldn't you do them at break, or after school sometime? The teacher must stay and work at least sometimes, and (because you only have to resit topics) you needn't necessarily be very long - 20 to 30 minutes, say. Don't beat yourself up until you know how you got on, and if you can avoid doing it even then, you're golden! :smile:
Ape Gone Insane
When I find you...you will feel my wrath! :spank:

received on: 02-11-2009 13:51
Have some neg rep

Ooooh from this thread?
Ape Gone Insane
No, from the "Question Time - who would be good on it" thread :ninja:

Lol, someone is a bit touchy.
Just in case anyone's interested and hasn't seen it, there's a thread in the gaming subforum with a tip on how to get Modern Warfare 2 for essentially £25 (buy two copies of a game, and part-exchange it at Game).
Based on your average Internet traffic usage over the last 30
days we estimate that, if you continue to download and upload at
the same rate, by the end of this month you will have exceeded
your 5Gb quota by 142 %.

:awesome:
I got my nurse uniform today!!

xo-Heva
I got my nurse uniform today!!

Spoiler

rosie9391

Ape Gone Insane

Kirsteneg

I finally took the plunge in AH English today and sat beside my other friends away from my 'best friend' ('article girl') for a double period :sigh: People asked me what was wrong but I said I just felt like sitting next to them for once, but in RE I sat next to that girl and we sat in silence for the entire period. It was so awkward. We're both applying for English and she started talking to someone else about where she was applying, but she whispered to her behind her hand so I wouldn't hear :s-smilie: My mum says she's jealous and threatened by me but I still love her :frown: What do I do?
ArcadiaHouse
she whispered to her behind her hand

That's messed up. You need to either seriously talk to her or accept that this friendship no longer exists.
Ape Gone Insane
I only have 1 of the listed games so I'm not eligible. Scanning the list, I'm not surprised, they are all trash games.

You've missed the point - MW2 will retail for £45 or something. You can buy two new copies of one of the games on the list for about £20, trade them in for part-exchange and pay a further £5 for MW, for a total expenditure of about £25.
TheUnbeliever
That's messed up. You need to either seriously talk to her or accept that this friendship no longer exists.

I know right. 17 and whispering to med applicants when I'm sitting beside her so I won't hear where she's applying to, as if it'll affect me in any way. My mum said she's jealous because I got an A for our first AH English essay and she got a B, but I don't know if that's all it is. I tried talking to her about her favourite band and she just snapped "I don't care." She never used to be an ignorant bitch.

Latest