The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ape Gone Insane
I was hoping that if I got a First in Law I could go to Cambridge to do a Masters or whatever :awesome: but then I am unsure if the fact that I did Scots Law means I can't do a postgraduate at an English university :frown:. I don't know how Postgraduates courses work...:sigh:

Well, the Cambridge site says 'the minimum entry requirement for the LL.M. is normally a First class degree in law'. (Emphasis mine.) Law is a special case that I know very little about. I know if you want to practice English law, you can do a one year conversion course. Whether any particular university would take you from a Scots law undergrad is up to them, but I don't know how likely it is in general.

Postgrad courses vary widely - even at Master's level, some are pure research, some are taught, and some are a mix of the two. If you want to learn more, just poke around the relevant parts of university websites. :dontknow:
ArcadiaHouse
In the words of La Kirsten: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also:

:lolwut: Me?
An EPIC.
Got a half back from Glasgow.

Thus spoke The Most Honourable Benedictus Ticket Inspectus, XII Lord of Ticketham, 3rd Earl of McGills Buses,

"If you weren't in school uniform I'd have thrown you off the bus."

If such magnanimous reactions were not prohibited by the cursed law I'd have thrown you out of the window, you grey-haired, self-righteous prick.
Pedrobear
Got a half back from Glasgow.

Thus spoke The Most Honourable Benedictus Ticket Inspectus, XII Lord of Ticketham, 3rd Earl of McGills Buses,

"If you weren't in school uniform I'd have thrown you off the bus."

If such magnanimous reactions were not prohibited by the cursed law I'd have thrown you out of the window, you grey-haired, self-righteous prick.

Hello, new Oscar Wilde.
Ape Gone Insane
Minimum eh? What do they count as well as/above a First?

Starred First. :p: More seriously, they presumably mean alongside strong references, potentially some published academic work, and perhaps some other relevant factors (industrial experience, that sort of thing).
Ape Gone Insane
That's a worrying thought.

I was hoping that if I got a First in Law I could go to Cambridge to do a Masters or whatever :awesome: but then I am unsure if the fact that I did Scots Law means I can't do a postgraduate at an English university :frown:. I don't know how Postgraduates courses work...:sigh:

You can do an academic masters in law like Jurisprudence or Criminology.

I considered applying for law to Cambridge. But didn't. :p:
Ape Gone Insane
I would like to do the former. :cool:

I never knew that :shock: :ninja:

How come?

BecauseI figured they would want an A in AH English and I wouldn't have got it so computer science is a safer bet.

I can always change to law next year if I want to. Provided I get at least a II.1
Ape Gone Insane

Aww they're endangered. :frown:
Ape Gone Insane
Wow, I never knew you might have done Law. Never cease to amaze.

Yes, you may. :ninja:

Do you do rowing like TheUnbeliever?

Hell no :rofl:

I play Bridge instead.
Soooo. Tired.

:sigh:
xo-Heva
Soooo. Tired.

:console: Have you started your new job yet?
Ape Gone Insane
They scare me.

THE SMILE.

Their eyes aswell, they just stare! That's one of the reasons they get hunted though, eyes are used in medicines.

Are you feeling any better tonight? :console:
Ape Gone Insane
They scare me.

THE SMILE.

:yep:

Mental > Physical

:awesome:

My evening has been ruined again, this time due to external assessment reports on the SQA website.

Looking at the AH Maths one brings back happy memories :proud:
Ape Gone Insane
YES. The abdominal pain has lessened significantly.

There goes "Worlds first pregnant male" out of the window :sigh:

:erm: but there's only the possibility of getting pregnant if you've done the deed right?

And: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article3628860.ece
Ape Gone Insane
YES. The abdominal pain has lessened significantly.

There goes "Worlds first pregnant male" out of the window :sigh:

:awesome: I wouldn't be a bit surprised with you! :p:

Have you been to liquid in Dundee, if so any good?
Ape Gone Insane
How do you know about Liquid and I don't. :lolwut:

Spoiler

Suppose your still underage. :p: It is on the list of places to go this weekend while we are in Dundee. :awesome:
rosie9391
:console: Have you started your new job yet?

Nope, I start Friday.
I'm not working on the ward friday though so I can catch up my sleep a wee bit.

How is everyone? I feel like I haven't been on in ages but its only been 3 days :p:
Even I knew about liquid :p:
Meteorshower
Even I knew about liquid :p:

:hello:
Hows uni, still as hectic work wise?

Latest