The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bex285
Glad someone else thought so :p:
We got taken out individually today to do speaking practice, it was scary :frown:

Oo, do elaborate. :colone:
TheUnbeliever
Bah. Cheat!

Actually, I use LaTeX directly here but use LyX for my supervision work. :o:

I handwrite all of my supervision work - mixing MathType/diagrams/words is too messy.
Reply 5462
namedeprived
Oo, do elaborate. :colone:

Everyone was saying how scary it was, but I thought it was okay...mind you, I was only with the teacher for about 5 mins then the bell went, they were all with him for 10+ mins :p:
He just asked about what subjects I'd chosen this year and why, then about unis, then asked about "Au Revoir Les Enfants" at which point I was like....wtf? :p:
Reply 5463
Ape Gone Insane
So...how are things with you and your mum?

You were upset. :sad:

It's fine :awesome:

om nom nom nom
ukdragon37
I handwrite all of my supervision work - mixing MathType/diagrams/words is too messy.

I handwrite physics and maths because of the diagrams, as you say, but everything else is electronic (partly because it's to be submitted electronically, which means handwriting involves locating a scanner). LyX is just a document editor which happens to use LaTeX as its back end - LaTeX is more than capable of typesetting normal text, it's just that web usage tends to default to math mode.
Thankyou, so is it:
=4x312x1/3+6/5x5/2+6x1/6+C= 4x^{3}-12x^{1/3}+6/5x^{5/2}+6x^{-1/6}+C
Reply 5466
why does hubba bubba loose its taste so quickly :sad:
bex285
Everyone was saying how scary it was, but I thought it was okay...mind you, I was only with the teacher for about 5 mins then the bell went, they were all with him for 10+ mins :p:
He just asked about what subjects I'd chosen this year and why, then about unis, then asked about "Au Revoir Les Enfants" at which point I was like....wtf? :p:

Ah that doesn't sound too bad, thanks. Though I'd react similarly if asked about Jean de Florette. :p:
Reply 5468
LuhLah
why does hubba bubba loose its taste so quickly :sad:

i know right? it tastes sooooooo good for like 5 seconds.
KeenBeans
Thankyou, so is it:

I agree.
TheUnbeliever
I handwrite physics and maths because of the diagrams, as you say, but everything else is electronic (partly because it's to be submitted electronically, which means handwriting involves locating a scanner). LyX is just a document editor which happens to use LaTeX as its back end - LaTeX is more than capable of typesetting normal text, it's just that web usage tends to default to math mode.

I combine Word and mathtype when I want to produce electronic maths work (like my famous AH Exam 2008 & 09 Solutions :awesome:) It combines the flexibility of a WYSIWYG equation editor with the myriad of formatting options in Word.

Then I turn it into a pdf using Acrobat :biggrin:
KeenBeans
Thankyou, so is it:

:yep:
Got an email already from Edinburgh thanking me for my application and asking me to register for Euclid. As a prospective Mathmo the name pleased me. :teehee:
Thanks guys :biggrin: Thats everything finished for tonight.
netter get the coffee out for an all night session , I have a history essay to rewrite and an accounts test on section B tomorrow ;/
namedeprived
:work:

Ape Gone Insane

Dado Prso

CallumFR

Found this when going through my folder-of-old-things. Thought it might be of interest to you lot.

That was made back in the days when I asked for more work. :daydreaming: Ah, nostalgia.

EDIT: Just had a look again at the paper, it was quite a difficult one :wink:
I am getting really pissed off with my art teacher, I payed my £5 to get my art portfolio back from Higher and she didn't tell me it had arrived and the next thing I know I can't get it back because SHE wants to display it on the wall for next term! For god's sake, I PAYED to get it back!! She just treats everyone's work like it's hers, she once took one of my pictures out of my folio and sent it to a competition where the art dept would win money and didn't even tell me... RRR
KeenBeans
Thankyou, so is it:

I ALWAYS forget the + C bit, probably part of why I got a B lol
bananaslug77
I am getting really pissed off with my art teacher, I payed my £5 to get my art portfolio back from Higher and she didn't tell me it had arrived and the next thing I know I can't get it back because SHE wants to display it on the wall for next term! For god's sake, I PAYED to get it back!! She just treats everyone's work like it's hers, she once took one of my pictures out of my folio and sent it to a competition where the art dept would win money and didn't even tell me... RRR

She may just be very proud of what her pupil has produced. If it really is a problem, ask your parents to put in a word.
ukdragon37
Found this when going through my folder-of-old-things. Thought it might be of interest to you lot.

That was made back in the days when I asked for more work. :daydreaming: Ah, nostalgia.

EDIT: Just had a look again at the paper, it was quite a difficult one :wink:

Thanks. Will try and keep it until nearer the time and use it as a mock.

Latest