The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TheUnbeliever

See for the interview helper money I'm gonna get (a tidy sum of £250), is it worthwhile to get a Touch? I probably won't use the music functions that much but more because of the swave and convenience of internet everywhere :cool:
ukdragon37
Yea, just while I remember, if you don't need to get interviewed then Warwick is very fast in considering your application I think. It was the first uni that gave me an offer last year.

St. Andrews was fast for me as well but for everybody else I met it is the slowest there is especially because it only considers people after the January deadline (although I got my offer before the deadline for some reason)

Out of interest, what were your conditions? (I assume i was Comp Sci you applied for, yes?)

Thanks for that though, good to know. I've heard Glasgow can be extremely quick as well.:smile:

Yea, I knew that about St Andrews. :frown:
ukdragon37
See for the interview helper money I'm gonna get (a tidy sum of £250), is it worthwhile to get a Touch? I probably won't use the music functions that much but more because of the swave and convenience of internet everywhere :cool:

Well, yes. I'd say so. I use it as a media device - I regularly watch iPlayer, watch films on trains, watch Channel 9 videos on it, in addition to the music. Having the ability to access the web (as well as stored emails) on the move has been immeasurably useful on a number of occasions (as well as convenient for passing the time).

Having said that, had I not bought a Touch, I might well have bought an iPhone. It's available from a few places (including Tesco RSN) and on PAYG, too. It might be worth looking at the prices.

'Suave'? :p:
ukdragon37
Yea, just while I remember, if you don't need to get interviewed then Warwick is very fast in considering your application I think. It was the first uni that gave me an offer last year.

St. Andrews was fast for me as well but for everybody else I met it is the slowest there is especially because it only considers people after the January deadline (although I got my offer before the deadline for some reason)

I know someone who's applied to Warwick and Cambridge, is the fact that he hasn't heard from the former yet a good thing or a bad thing? :lolwut:
TheUnbeliever

'Suave'? :p:

Why, is it not the epitome of coolness? :cool:

:o: I thought what I typed looked slightly wrong but I was too tired to investigate
ArcadiaHouse
I know someone who's applied to Warwick and Cambridge, is the fact that he hasn't heard from the former yet a good thing or a bad thing? :lolwut:

Neither. My experience is just a single empirical experience which may have no correlation with anyone else's experience. At least he hasn't been rejected yet.

Does he have an interview at Cambridge?
ukdragon37
Why, is it not the epitome of coolness? :cool:

Yes, it is. I love mine. (Because I very rarely buy 'cool' things, but tend to splash out when I do.)

:o: I thought what I typed looked slightly wrong but I was too tired to investigate

Yeah, I was mainly criticizing your spelling, because I'm a tool. :o:
ukdragon37
Does he have an interview at Cambridge?

Yes :love:

:sexface:
TheUnbeliever
Yes, it is. I love mine. (Because I very rarely buy 'cool' things, but tend to splash out when I do.)

I think I'm not gonna get an iPhone. I hate the look of it when it's being used as a phone while as a pure gadget is quite nice. Also I can quite easily get the 3rd gen 64GB iTouch for just about my helper wage whereas the PAYG iPhone costs a monstrous amount.

ArcadiaHouse
Yes :love:

:sexface:

Subject/college?
ukdragon37
Subject/college?

Maths at Fitz, I'm guessing. :p:
ukdragon37
Subject/college?

Law at Fitzwilliam (good guess Unbeliever :yep:).
ArcadiaHouse
Law at Fitzwilliam (good guess Unbeliever :yep:).

Interesting choice. I was going to apply to Fitzwilliam because it's quite a bit closer to the computer laboratory. However the fact that it's on a hill sort of negated this.
Ape Gone Insane
Scots law VS English law.

:shifty:

Hmm?
Ape Gone Insane
Civil law VS Common law.

:shifty:

Fix'd :cool:
Edinburgh are giving out law offers :s-smilie: . I really want an offer from them!
ukdragon37
Interesting choice. I was going to apply to Fitzwilliam because it's quite a bit closer to the computer laboratory. However the fact that it's on a hill sort of negated this.

It was an open application (beggars can't be choosers :awesome:)
Ape Gone Insane
I don't get it.

:sigh:

It's more useful to categorise law into systems than strictly their countries of application.
Ape Gone Insane
I was told it was better the other way ... :awesome:

Well that depends on the context. In what situation are you making the comparison?
ukdragon37
It's more useful to categorise law into systems than strictly their countries of application.

Well, yes. My understanding is that Scots law is fairly idiosyncratic, however, so the meaningful distinction is between 'Scots' and 'not Scots'? My understanding could be hogwash, though.
TheUnbeliever
Well, yes. My understanding is that Scots law is fairly idiosyncratic, however, so the meaningful distinction is between 'Scots' and 'not Scots'? My understanding could be hogwash, though.

Again it depends on how and why you are comparing.

I'm still wait for Ape to enlighten us.

Latest