The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6120
Ronar
Philosophys good. Working like crazy for psyh ( okay, reading the pages )

Politics was boring as hell, nd I always kind wanted to journalism. Hopefully there is space!

I'm home the now for work though :tongue: But i'm going back to campus for th night on the 8th as I have an exam then. After i'm going to get hammered

You should have applied anyway :frown:

biology with mathematics in clearing if it all goes down the loo :shh:

i like stirling it has the huge tower thing :sad:
Vitamin D
I've been told I have to work tonight, so I'll be most likely pulling a LuhLah when I get home at 10 -_-

I missed the 'a' there. :teeth:

On an unrelated note, Advanced Higher French Listening is horrible. We did the one about wind farms from the 2005 paper today, never have I done so badly in a past exam paper. :frown:
namedeprived
I missed the 'a' there. :teeth:

On an unrelated note, Advanced Higher French Listening is horrible. We did the one about wind farms from the 2005 paper today, never have I done so badly in a past exam paper. :frown:

Hahaha!
AH French sounds terrifying. I can barely handle the Higher listenings >_<
Reply 6123
namedeprived

That's an infamously rotten paper :p:
I hate this time of year. Everyone around me is getting excited about Christmas and I'm stressing out about everything. I'm looking forward to the Christmas holidays more for a chance to catch up on everything at school than for, ya know, Christmas. Ew.

/grinch.
bex285
That's an infamously rotten paper :p:

Oh, good, that's cheered me up a bit.:smile:

Vitamin D
Hahaha!
AH French sounds terrifying. I can barely handle the Higher listenings >_<

You'll get used to the Higher Listenings with time. It's a big step up from SG in the fact that you only hear it twice, and you don't get 40 seconds pauses between each question(!), but it does come with practice.

I'm hoping the same thing happens for AH.:p:

I don't find the reading that much harder though.
Reply 6126
Ugh "PRELIMS: ONLY 14 WEEKS AWAY NOW!!!!"
Reply 6127
LuhLah
biology with mathematics in clearing if it all goes down the loo :shh:

i like stirling it has the huge tower thing :sad:

The wallace monument? haaha, I was more excited about the ducks and rabbit. I still get excited about them. The swans arw crzy and the squrils walk on you :smile:

It's the only place my wingmn and I can sit on bench at a loch at 3 in the morning, enjoy a cigarette and watch the swans float by...ah. I miss it now :frown:
LuhLah
Ugh "PRELIMS: ONLY 14 WEEKS AWAY NOW!!!!"

Go away :bawling:
Reply 6129
I love the fact t uni they dont give a crap about grades till you start honours and that I only need to pass the coursework.

Lol probably why I ended up doing a politics class test absolulty hammerred wile he tutor lol'd at me
Don't stress about the prelims now. Firstly there's tons of time, secondly they don't really matter(except for appeals purposes), and thirdly they are almost invariably badly done anyway.
higher close reading is hell - help I have NAB on it this friday :/
My timetabled work finishes as of 2030 tonight. :teeth:

stefany-a
higher close reading is hell - help I have NAB on it this friday :/

What's your problem in particular? Do you know what the point is, but aren't hitting the key points to get the marks (be ridiculously explicit) or are you not understanding how to get to the answers?
Lolz, we were looking at Sonnet form in AH English for the creative writing, jesus it's so bloody hard to write in sonnet form. :sigh:
TheUnbeliever
My timetabled work finishes as of 2030 tonight. :teeth:

How did your DoS meeting go? Hope it went (or will go) well :s-smilie:

If you are going to do Tick 6, seriously consider changing the colour choosing algorithm that is given to you. Yellow background + a few shades of blue = :yucky:
ukdragon37
How did your DoS meeting go? Hope it went (or will go) well :s-smilie:

It's tomorrow. My supervision reports so far (FCS/Maths/DE) look fairly promising, my ML one in particular is glowing, and physics doesn't look likely to arrive until after the meeting, which gives me a chance to forewarn him.

Otherwise, I've had a fairly good day! Discrete maths supervision was really good, physics went alright and it looks like my OS supervisor may have forgotten he's got supervisions to do this evening. :h:

How were your reports and meeting?

If you are going to do Tick 6, seriously consider changing the colour choosing algorithm that is given to you. Yellow background + a few shades of blue = :yucky:

Okay, I give in. When did we get information about this? I can only assume it was some lecture I've missed ... ? :confused:
TheUnbeliever
It's tomorrow. My supervision reports so far (FCS/Maths/DE) look fairly promising, my ML one in particular is glowing, and physics doesn't look likely to arrive until after the meeting, which gives me a chance to forewarn him.

Otherwise, I've had a fairly good day! Discrete maths supervision was really good, physics went alright and it looks like my OS supervisor may have forgotten he's got supervisions to do this evening. :h:

How were your reports and meeting?

All of them were good - I got graded a "1" for ML by my DoS and "2.i/1" in DE and OS. Physics I got a "2.i" but hey you can't win at everything :o:

Apparently I also showed "ingenuity" at solving maths problems :p:

My DoS was very pleased :h:

TheUnbeliever

Okay, I give in. When did we get information about this? I can only assume it was some lecture I've missed ... ? :confused:

It was given out at the end of the Discrete Maths lecture today, along with details of when to hand it in.
ukdragon37
It was given out at the end of the Discrete Maths lecture today, along with details of when to hand it in.

Damn. I took that time to get domestic stuff sorted out. Thanks, I'll need to borrow someone's copy and take a trip to the library.

Nice work on your reports, your work ethic strongly suggests you deserve it! :smile:
TheUnbeliever

Nice work on your reports, your work ethic strongly suggests you deserve it! :smile:

TheUnbeliever

Damn. I took that time to get domestic stuff sorted out. Thanks, I'll need to borrow someone's copy and take a trip to the library.

Guess what we learnt? Induction :yep: It was contrived but unfortunately necessary.

Can't you download it online?
ukdragon37

You're welcome. I have now exhausted my 'genuine compliment' quota for the year, so you should probably feel privileged and stuffs. :wink:

Guess what we learnt? Induction :yep: It was contrived but unfortunately necessary.

The contrivance was necessary, or induction?

Latest