Starburst>Starbucks

Strawberry starburst :coma:

:coma:

:coma: Oh my god :coma:
Madjackismad
Can you give me a discount on gingerbread lattes? :coma: :coma:

That sounds soo good!
LuhLah
In English, are you allowed to talk about the context of history of which the text was written in? Jekyll and Hyde has a lot of victorian refrences (Syphillis, blackmail, prostitution, God)...

If it's relevant to the question, why not?
£5.90 per hour not bad haha
stefany-a
hahaha I just realised that lol I am so excited

:p:

Well done.:smile:

Pedrobear

The orange ones taste rubbish these days though. :frown:
LuhLah
In English, are you allowed to talk about the context of history of which the text was written in? Jekyll and Hyde has a lot of victorian refrences (Syphillis, blackmail, prostitution, God)...

Most definately! I did The Great Gatsby and the time period in which it was set (the roaring 20s) was very relevent to the plot - bootlegging, partying, immorality and infidelity were rife at that time in America, and the whole book focuses on these as themes.

The same goes for Cabaret, the film I studied last year. You can get essay questions on setting in time/place (my prelim question!) and how it's relevent etc. :smile:
namedeprived

:coma: Melting them all together and creating one big amalgamated starburst-induced orgasm :coma: :coma:

Going into a diabetic coma = :cry:

Spoiler

Is higher english close reading NAB hard ?
So is starburst basically the same as starbucks?
Reply 6529
rosie9391
Do you know how many times I've had 'oh thats what Ross from Friends does! :biggrin:'

Lol, I'm sorry :p: he's the only reason I know what Paleantology is :yes:
Reply 6530
stefany-a
£5.90 per hour not bad haha

Not bad? Jeezo, that's amazing! :woo:
stefany-a
Is higher english close reading NAB hard ?

I think you only need to get half marks (at least that's what I had to get to pass mine last year). Have you done any practice papers? If not I would ask the teacher for some or you can get some from the SQA website here: http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm?subject=English :smile:
rosie9391
That sounds soo good!

It's :coma:. Shame it's only around for Christmas. :sad:
bex285
Lol, I'm sorry :p: he's the only reason I know what Paleantology is :yes:

Hehe, I usually find it amusing with their shock at me not watching or liking Friends. :p:
Pedrobear
Strawberry starburst :coma:

:coma: Oh my god :coma:

Strawberry has connotations of too many things. Is that why you're drooling? :awesome:
Madjackismad
It's :coma:. Shame it's only around for Christmas. :sad:

I'm a sucker for anything ginger...just bought some ginger nuts today. :coma:
Madjackismad
Strawberry has connotations of too many things. Is that why you're drooling? :awesome:

Spoiler

namedeprived

Never forget.
bananaslug77
I think you only need to get half marks (at least that's what I had to get to pass mine last year). Have you done any practice papers? If not I would ask the teacher for some or you can get some from the SQA website here: http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm?subject=English :smile:

I have only done one past paper and just read my how to pass H english book
Reply 6538
rosie9391
Whens your exam?
I've got a mock exam tomorrow in Geography and then a real one on Tuesday for Paleontology. :afraid:

Tuesday :smile:

it's only 45% of my module mark though, and I need like 27 out of 60 multiple choice marks to pass

so i'm not bothered, I know my assimilation from my accomodtion and my semantic memory from my flashbulb memory :p:
Pedrobear

Spoiler

:awesome: is all I will say. :awesome:

Latest