Turn on thread page Beta

anon or delete please

basically when I'm in bed about to go to sleep my heart starts beating insanely fast and loudly. It happens really sporadically - has happened for about a year. I'll have it for a few days in a row and then not for a week.

After minimal exercise like walking up the stairs my heart has also started beating insanely fast this week and I don't know why
    help?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:
    You absolutely do not have a medical problem there, and you absolutely should not go and see a doctor.
    Obvious answers I know.

(Original post by Laertes)
    :facepalm:
    You absolutely do not have a medical problem there, and you absolutely should not go and see a doctor.
    Obvious answers I know.
    how so?

ReputationRep:
    why anon?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to put your mind at rest going and see your GP, he will refer you to a cardiac department if he sees fit

James

ReputationRep:
    Go and see your doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Put your thumb in your mouth as if you are suking it, then blow for about a second or so.

This will slow the heart rate because it stimulates a nerve that controls heart rate. I saw it on Braniac and can confirm that it works.

ReputationRep:
    are you fat or obese????

ReputationRep:
    OP I would be worried about this because young people who die of sudden cardiac death tend to have similar warning episodes where the heart beats over 90 when resting.

I mean it could be anxiety but please get checked out! An ecg only takes 2 minutes it is such a simple test.

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me around 2 weeks ago.

I had a dream my science gcse was around 2 hours away , and that I hadn't revised a single thing. I was really stressing out =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodLife)
    OP I would be worried about this because young people who die of sudden cardiac death tend to have similar warning episodes where the heart beats over 90 when resting.

I mean it could be anxiety but please ger checked out! An ecg only takes 2 minutes is such a simple test.
    This this this.

Chances are, its nothing and you're just a bit unfit or anxious. But speaking from experience requesting an ECG can put your mind at rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon or delete please

basically when I'm in bed about to go to sleep my heart starts beating insanely fast and loudly. It happens really sporadically - has happened for about a year. I'll have it for a few days in a row and then not for a week.

After minimal exercise like walking up the stairs my heart has also started beating insanely fast this week and I don't know why
    help?
    its called super ventricular tachycardia.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.